exaggeration; overstatement
collusion
idiosyncrasy
adversary
hyperbole

postive and negative effects of computer on children

If you don’t make sure influential or potential people like employers, do not kno | Please rate my essayThank you very much.
postive and negative effects of computer on children #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 13:51 pm   postive and negative effects of computer on children

Using a computer everyday can have more negative than positive effects on your children do you agree or disagree.

Living today in the golden age of technology, computer seems to be a crucial household item in our daily lives. Every difficult task can be done with the help of computers. Many researches and assignments can be finished faster with lesser inaccuracies. Some people believe that computer provides fruitful benefits toward children’s life, while many others totally disagree.

For those people who are in favor of computer do so, because computer reduces the workload of children. In fact, nowadays there is a plenty of homework for children to do. Some work may require a presentation. Hence, with the help of computers, children can present their work in a legible way. Moreover, there are many useful websites in associated with education. For example, website such as Wikipedia contains a plethora knowledge that suits a young blood. Children can access to these websites for their self-paced study. Not only can computer help to complete works faster, it also helps children to be in contact with their friends from around the world. For instance, many children use an instant messaging program to stay in contact with their friends, who live in the other country. This can also lead to sharing of ideas and experiences. Consequently, the learning process will be enhanced and students will be able to achieve outstanding grades.

However, many people totally disagree, as they feel that computers can have harmful effects on children. Firstly, the frequent use of computer can cause major health problems such as back pain and short eye sightedness. In the common case, children glue too much on computer game, which is a waste of time. Instead of doing this, children should spend their times constructively such as revising their homework or doing some recreation activity. Also, there are many inappropriate websites that have an influence on children’s behavior. Furthermore, computer is quite expensive. Some group of people may find it difficult to afford it.

Based on my personal experience, I always use computer to improve my English skills such as visiting useful websites. As a result, my English score has sprung up and it reached my content. Therefore, I believe that the advantages of computer are far more than the disadvantages.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in Political Science
Xamba

Location: Thailand

postive and negative effects of computer on children #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 17:09 pm   postive and negative effects of computer on children

Living today in the golden age of technology, A computer seems to be a crucial household item in our daily lives. Every difficult task can be done with the help of computers. Many researches and assignments can be finished faster with lesser inaccuracies. Some people believe that A computer provides fruitful benefits toward children’s life, while many others totally disagree.

For t Those people who are in favor of computer do so, because computerS reduce the workload of children. In fact, nowadays there is a LOT of homework for children to do. Some work may require a presentation. Hence, with the help of computers, children can present their work in a legible way. Moreover, there are many useful websites in associated with education. For example, websiteS such as Wikipedia contain a plethora OF knowledge that suits a young blood. Children can access to these websites for their self-paced study. Not only can THE computer help to complete works faster, it also helps children to be in contact with their friends from around the world. For instance, many children use an instant messaging program to stay in contact with their friends, who live in the ther countrIES. This can also lead to THE sharing of ideas and experiences. Consequently, the learning process will be enhanced and students will be able to achieve outstanding grades.

However, many people totally disagree, as they feel that computers can have harmful effects on children. Firstly, the frequent use of computer can cause major health problems such as back pain and short eye sightedness. In the common case, children glue too much on computer gameS, which ARE a waste of time. Instead of doing this, children should spend their times constructively such as revising their homework or doing some recreationAL activity. Also, there are many inappropriate websites that have an influence on children’s behavior. Furthermore, A computer is quite expensive. Some groupS of people may find it difficult to afford it.

Based on my personal experience, I always use MY computer to improve my English skills such as visiting useful websites. As a result, my English score has sprung up and it reached my content. Therefore, I believe that the advantages of computerS are far more than the disadvantages.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nice work Xamba.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
postive and negative effects of computer on children #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 17:35 pm   postive and negative effects of computer on children

Good evening Sir, Thank you very much for your revising. But I have some doubts to ask you.
1) "For example, websiteS such as Wikipedia contain a plethora OF knowledge that suits a young blood", why there is no "s" after "contain" in this sentence?
2)"In fact, nowadays there is a LOT of homework for children to do." What is the difference between "a lot of" and "plenty"?

Thank you very much in adavnce.
PS..Deeply, I feel you are really nice to me. I mean no one ever check the essays for me, even my friends. People seem to be very busy. Also, I'm not a good English user. So, I really thank you for everything that you have done for me. Especially for good advices that help to improve further. Thank you very much sir!!
Xamba

Location: Thailand

postive and negative effects of computer on children #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 18:07 pm   postive and negative effects of computer on children

I simply followed your written context. I added S to website which made Wiki only one of a number of websites. Websites (plural) CONTAIN a plethora of knowledge.
Had you written, "A" website such as Wiki,(singular) then "CONTAINS" would have been required.
"A website such as Wiki CONTAINS a plethora of information."

In my opinion "a lot" sounds better than plenty. Would you say to a neighbour, "My child gets plenty of homework, or, s/he gets a lot of homework?" Sounds better to me.

Are those replies acceptable?

_________________

postive and negative effects of computer on children #5 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 18:26 pm   postive and negative effects of computer on children

I got it sir. Thank you!! :D
Xamba

Location: Thailand

Please rate my essay, thanks a lotThe most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns.Can't download the listening filesBooks or computers?Another issue about jobIf people have no common interests and personality, they will never be friend.It is important for families to regularly eat their meals together. Agree or dis?Physical exercise as part of every school day, for or against?Causes of divorcePlease revise my essey, thank you very much!Integrated essayThere is nothing that an uneducated person can teach an educated person.IELTS questions?