picture; snapshot
sequence
photo
omission
counterbalance

to or through?

Difference between for Christmas and on Christmas Day | Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means?
to or through? #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 30, 2010 17:06 pm   to or through?

ESL/EFL Test #860 "Wonder of the Sea", question 3

This amazing floating city has something to ......... every age and life-style to the huge variety of activities that are offered. A morning newspaper is delivered to each stateroom, detailing the current events for the day, with the time and location of all.

(a) acclimatize
(b) accipiter
(c) accipitrine
(d) acetone

ESL/EFL Test #860 "Wonder of the Sea", answer 3

This amazing floating city has something to acclimatize every age and life-style to the huge variety of activities that are offered. A morning newspaper is delivered to each stateroom, detailing the current events for the day, with the time and location of all.

Correct answer: (a) acclimatize
_________________________

This amazing floating city has something to ......... every age and life-style to the huge variety of activities that are offered.

Is it possible that to should in fact be through in the above sentence?

I think the people on that boat are not supposed to get used to ''the huge variety of activities'', but with their help (the help of those activities) they can get used to/acclimatized to living on that boat.

Am I terribly wrong?

_________________
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Cristina.ro

to or through? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:07 pm   to or through?

Could I get an answer to my (probably very silly) question in the above post?

Many thanks
_________________
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Cristina.ro

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
to or through? #3 (permalink) Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:45 am   to or through?

One week later...

:-(
_________________
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Cristina.ro

shall be submitted vs. shall be submittingHow does one o'clock sound?Isn't a rip-off something too expensive for its real value?A fool at 40 is a fool forever?Test incompl/inter-80, User's Answer 9Test incompl/advan-16, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-315, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-159, Question 1Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 3Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 9