Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to speak or act in a rude or contemptuous manner; to offend; to affront
describe
estimate
insult
spy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Thanks - thank you

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Test incompl/elem-108, User's Answer 7 | Test incompl/advan-95, Question 2
listening exercisestell a friend
Thanks - thank you #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 31, 2010 16:07 pm   Thanks - thank you

I have some confused of using ( Thanks and thank you ) . My question is : When we have to say thank you or thanks ?
Shin
You can meet me at english-test.net

Thanks - thank you #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 31, 2010 16:40 pm   Thanks - thank you

'Thank you' is more formal. You use them both in the same way. If you aren't sure whether you ought to use the more formal version or not, the best thing you can do is use it anyway. It doesn't sound awkward even if it's used informally.
Language Coach

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/elem-108, User's Answer 7 | Test incompl/advan-95, Question 2
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Test incompl/inter-596, Answer 1located in vs. located atTest incompl/advan-608, User's Answer 9Test incompl/advan-349, Answer 1Test incompl/advan-178, Question 3Test incompl/inter-208, Question 9Test incompl/inter-207, User's Answer 6relative pronoun problem with thatWhat does prudent mean?I'm out of breath..."to come out with guns blazing" is an idiomatic expression...The game was in the bag?I need sample sentences of subordinating conjunction of whenever