to speak or act in a rude or contemptuous manner; to offend; to affront
describe
estimate
insult
spy

Thanks - thank you

Test incompl/elem-108, User's Answer 7 | Test incompl/advan-95, Question 2
Thanks - thank you #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 31, 2010 16:07 pm   Thanks - thank you

I have some confused of using ( Thanks and thank you ) . My question is : When we have to say thank you or thanks ?
Shin

Location: Saudi Arabia

Thanks - thank you #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 31, 2010 16:40 pm   Thanks - thank you

'Thank you' is more formal. You use them both in the same way. If you aren't sure whether you ought to use the more formal version or not, the best thing you can do is use it anyway. It doesn't sound awkward even if it's used informally.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Test incompl/inter-596, Answer 1located in vs. located atTest incompl/advan-608, User's Answer 9Test incompl/advan-349, Answer 1Test incompl/advan-178, Question 3Test incompl/inter-208, Question 9Test incompl/inter-207, User's Answer 6relative pronoun problem with thatWhat does prudent mean?I'm out of breath..."to come out with guns blazing" is an idiomatic expression...The game was in the bag?I need sample sentences of subordinating conjunction of whenever