Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

apart; in shreds
asunder
gingerly
incognito
amok
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

my first ISSUE--103"The study of history has value only to the extent that

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
375+375+100 vocabulary tests
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test
Critique my issue essay? | issue 144, help me to rectify, thanks.^^
listening exercisestell a friend
my first ISSUE--103"The study of history has value only to the extent that #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 04, 2010 15:07 pm   my first ISSUE--103"The study of history has value only to the extent that

TOPIC: ISSUE103 - "The study of history has value only to the extent that it is relevant to our daily lives."
WORDS: 642 TIME: 01:24:22 DATE: 2010/9/4 21:53:05
================================================================
Has the study history value only to the extent that it is relevant to our daily lives? I am strong disagreeing with it. We study the history, because we want to review the condition and the situation about the history. Moreover, we can use the experiment of history to avoid or solve the problem that we meet in the modern time.

First of all, on the one hand, as we all know, the history of human that is the feudal society or slave society. What is more, in this a history society, the ruler has the power to decide what should be record and what should be not. In another word, the record of history that today we study has much more respect to describe the live of the ruler, the outstanding individual or the breaking news which ruler considered more valuable. However, if we only to study the history's daily lives, we cannot review the condition and the situation about the history. For instance, the most famous opus "SHI JI" in China, in this book that only describe the outstanding individual such as King of Zhou Wu, so that if we want to study the history through this book, we cannot find anything about the daily lives, but if we study the breaking news, we can find more and more valuable things in this book. On the other hand, the record of history is not uniform, and it might be has not large relationship with daily lives. In sum, might be to study the history's daily lives has value, but there is little record of history's daily lives. So if we want to get the value of history we need to enforce study the breaking news which has more record.

What's more, the history's daily lives also have the important value to the study, because we can use it to understand the life of human in the past. But there is a dilemma that we have not enough record to emerge the history's daily lives again. So if we want to overall the history, we can use the typical record of outstanding individual or breaking news to reflect the history's life. Even more, we can through the different time of human's history life to understand the culture that the development of our footmark. For example, the famous critic-Mark Twin-has a lot of critical article for the past society, then we study the Mark Twin and his article, and use it to reflect the darkness of that old society which Mark Twin lives. In short, the history's daily lives is the important part of history's study, if we want to understand it, we can use the record to reflect it.

Finally, there is a more valuable of history study, not only to study the outstanding individual or daily lives, but also to study the ancestors' experiment. The George Washington was said and I cite it-"If we want to develop, we must learn the history experiment". Only we study the ancestors' experiment, and understand it, even handle it, and then we can find out we will avoid and solve more and more problem that we meet today. For example, the SUN ZI BING FA in today, is still use in the business; the Compendium of Materia Medica in today, is still the classical opus in medicine; the Minamata Disease in today, is still warn the human environment's problem. So that, the truest value to study the history is let us to handle the ancestors' experiment, and to avoid and solve the dilemma in today.

In conclusion, we review that the condition and the situation about the history is to let understand the history. Moreover, the deeply value is that we can use the experiment of history to avoid or solve the problem that we meet in the modern time. And make the better life.
Vinnie

my first ISSUE--103"The study of history has value only to the extent th #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 11, 2010 19:07 pm   my first ISSUE--103"The study of history has value only to the extent th

TOPIC: ISSUE103 - "The study of history has value only to the extent that it is relevant to our daily lives."
WORDS: 642 TIME: 01:24:22 DATE: 2010/9/4 21:53:05
================================================================
Has the study history value only to the extent that it is relevant to our daily lives? I am strongLY disagree with THIS STATEMENT. We study the history, because we want to review the condition and the situation about the history. Moreover, we can use the experiment of history to avoid or solve the problemS that we meet in theSE modern timeS.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
First of all, on the one hand, as we all know, the history of human that is the feudal society or slave society. What is more, in this a history society, the ruler has the power to decide what should be record and what should be not. In another word, the record of history that today we study has much more respect to describe the live of the ruler, the outstanding individual or the breaking news which ruler considered more valuable. However, if we only to study the history's daily lives, we cannot review the condition and the situation about the history. For instance, the most famous opus "SHI JI" in China, in this book that only describe the outstanding individual such as King of Zhou Wu, so that if we want to study the history through this book, we cannot find anything about the daily lives, but if we study the breaking news, we can find more and more valuable things in this book. On the other hand, the record of history is not uniform, and it might be has not large relationship with daily lives. In sum, might be to study the history's daily lives has value, but there is little record of history's daily lives. So if we want to get the value of history we need to enforce study the breaking news which has more record.

What's more, the history's daily lives also have the important value to the study, because we can use it to understand the life of human in the past. But there is a dilemma that we have not enough record to emerge the history's daily lives again. So if we want to overall the history, we can use the typical record of outstanding individual or breaking news to reflect the history's life. Even more, we can through the different time of human's history life to understand the culture that the development of our footmark. For example, the famous critic-Mark Twin-has a lot of critical article for the past society, then we study the Mark Twin and his article, and use it to reflect the darkness of that old society which Mark Twin lives. In short, the history's daily lives is the important part of history's study, if we want to understand it, we can use the record to reflect it.

Finally, there is a more valuable of history study, not only to study the outstanding individual or daily lives, but also to study the ancestors' experiment. The George Washington was said and I cite it-"If we want to develop, we must learn the history experiment". Only we study the ancestors' experiment, and understand it, even handle it, and then we can find out we will avoid and solve more and more problem that we meet today. For example, the SUN ZI BING FA in today, is still use in the business; the Compendium of Materia Medica in today, is still the classical opus in medicine; the Minamata Disease in today, is still warn the human environment's problem. So that, the truest value to study the history is let us to handle the ancestors' experiment, and to avoid and solve the dilemma in today.

In conclusion, we review that the condition and the situation about the history is to let understand the history. Moreover, the deeply value is that we can use the experiment of history to avoid or solve the problem that we meet in the modern time. And make the better life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Unfortunately your work here is only fair Vinnie. Only by doing more reading will you ever improve. Your sentence structure and content and very poor.

Kitos. 7/10

GRE Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 750 free GRE Vocabulary TestsGRE Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GRE scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGRE Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GRE vocabulary words you need to pass the GRE with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
Critique my issue essay? | issue 144, help me to rectify, thanks.^^
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
GRE® Essay: Science function to reassure and art to upset/ need help pleaseArgument 220, my 1st argument posted. THX for giving some feedbacks~newbieLooking for article writersHelp critique my essay. Also do give suggesstions.Argument AnalysisIssue: Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today ratherissue 160,pls help me to rectify, thanks.^^GRE® ISSUE 159. Looking for some generous helpETS GRE® Important Links and Materials (Make this sticky!)Link to Audio tracks of words and DefinitionsGRE® Prep Study AidGRE®®@issue120-Past vs Present