leveling; harmony; stability; rest; remainder
folder
fluency
forecaster
balance

Concord vs. concourse

Meaning of "It was the least I could do" | Accomplishments vs. deeds
Concord vs. concourse #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:29 am   Concord vs. concourse

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Speaking: At the Station", question 8

This is a general notice for all passengers: the restaurant in the main ......... is now open.

(a) concord
(b) conduit
(c) concourse
(d) condition

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Speaking: At the Station", answer 8

This is a general notice for all passengers: the restaurant in the main concourse is now open.

Correct answer: (c) concourse

This is a general notice for all passengers: the restaurant in the main concord is now open.
_________________________

what's the meaning of concourse and concord?
heinz

Concord vs. concourse #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:26 am   Concord vs. concourse

.
concourse: a wide hallway in a building where people can walk.
concord: a harmonious state of things in general and of their properties (as of colors and sounds); congruity of parts with one another and with the whole.

Don't you have a dictionary, EL? Please put this in your computer tabs or bookmarks: http://www.onelook.com/.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Mention vs. describeAll the options seem to be the right oneWhy I can't use the others expressions?Try on vs. rely onWhat does this mean: "the paper feeds through"?How and when do we use "like"?Why its not a pencil?Meaning of belittleUsing Present Progressive TenseWhy word implied doesn't fit in here?Difference between burglar and thiefMeaning: we gave him an over the hill partyI do not understand what I could do