abstract; summary; concise report; instructions
outlet
occupancy
brief
recruit

Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5

Test incompl/inter-315, User's Answer 4 | Difference between for Christmas and on Christmas Day
Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5 #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 05, 2010 17:24 pm   Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5

"Yes, you could spend the money to put new applicances in your mobile home, but in my opinion, that cake is not worth the .........," the real estate agent said.

(a) eating
(b) purchase
(c) cutting
(d) candle

"Yes, you could spend the money to put new applicances in your mobile home, but in my opinion, that cake is not worth the candle," the real estate agent said.

Correct answer: (d) candle

"Yes, you could spend the money to put new applicances in your mobile home, but in my opinion, that cake is not worth the eating," the real estate agent said.
_________________________

Does the real estate agent actually think that is not worthwhile for him to invest in his mobile home?
Nenad11

Location: Belgrade

Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5 #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am   Test incompl/inter-314, User's Answer 5

Yes, and I have also fixed the typographical error.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Isn't a rip-off something too expensive for its real value?A fool at 40 is a fool forever?Please tell me what as happy as the day is long means?Test incompl/inter-80, User's Answer 9Test incompl/advan-16, User's Answer 5Test incompl/inter-159, Question 1Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 2Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 3Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 4Test incompl/inter-312, User's Answer 9Test incompl/elem-229, User's Answer 4pronounced vs pronouncingto or through?