stick; staff; wand
adversity
baton
compunction
dilemma

Living in houses or living in apartments

Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn.- Please rate | Leaders like John Kennedy and Martin Luther King have made important contribution
Living in houses or living in apartments #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 08, 2010 19:00 pm   Living in houses or living in apartments

Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more advantages to living in an apartment.
Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in apartment?

With the increase in the population there is lot of competition for the houses and the aprtment to live in. Few people consider living in apartments is beneficial where as many consider living in house is more advantageous.

We need to agree that living in apartments is cheaper. Apartments are sometimes constructed comercially, decresing the size of the rooms in order to increase the number of flats in an aprtment building. Hence decreasing the cost of individual apartment. And Living in apartments is sometimes considered safer as most of the apartments now a days have a security personal who gaurd all the time. Also, maitanance is done at ease as the apartment owners just need to contact the responsible in charge in the apartment building, everything else is taken care by that particular person.

However, living in house gives lots of freedom. House owners can modify their house when needed depending upon their requirements. For example, if an extra room need to constructed or an existing room need to be removed, this can be done any time with any restrictions from any one. And, compared to the apartments houses are more spacious.

Also, house owners can be free of noises created by the neighbours which are clearly heard in the case of apartment. House owners can also have lot of privacy when compared to the apartments.Adding to these, house owners do have very less restrictions compared to the aprtment owners. For example, growing a pet which might make noise at times.

In conclusion, living in house stands first in priority for many people as it provides a very comfortable zone. Living in house is always advantageous compared to living in apartments.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Kitos,
Can you please let me know how good i am at this time. Thanking you in advance

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (3)
Shyamcharan

Living in houses or living in apartments #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 08, 2010 20:24 pm   Living in houses or living in apartments

Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in AN apartment?

With the increase in the population there is lot of competition for the FEW AVAILABLE houses and apArtment to live in. Few people consider living in apartments is beneficial whereas many consider living in A house is more advantageous.

We need to agree that living in apartments is cheaper. Apartments are sometimes constructed comMercially, decreAsing the size of the rooms in order to increase the number of flats in an apArtment building. Hence decreasing the cost of individual apartmentS. And Living in apartments is sometimes considered safer as most of the apartments (nowadays) have a security personNEl who ARE ON GUARD all the time. Also, maiNtaInance is done at ease as the apartment owners just need to contact the responsible PERSON in charge OF the apartment building, everything else is taken care OF by that particular person.

However, living in A house gives lots of freedom. House owners can modify their houseS when needed depending upon their requirements. For example, if an extra room needS to BE constructed or an existing room needS to be removed, this can be done any time withOUT any restrictions from any one. And, Compared to the apartments houses are more spacious.

Also, house owners can be free of noises created by the neighbours which are clearly heard in the case of apartmentS. House owners can also have lot of privacy when compared to the apartments.Adding to these, house owners do have very less restrictions compared to the apArtment owners. For example, HAVING a pet which might make noise at times.

In conclusion, living in A house stands first in priority for many people, as it provides a very comfortable zone. Living in a house is always more advantageous compared to living in apartments.
.............................................................................................................................
Certainly no problem with your sentence structure, but a few irritating spelling errors. Otherwise, pretty good, as you can see for yourself.

KItos. 8/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Living in houses or living in apartments #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 am   Living in houses or living in apartments

Thankyou Kitos,
Yes i do realise my self sometimes. I am working on the spelling errors.
Shyamcharan

About help of wealthy nations...Who to be honored if you can create a holiday for them, how to celebrate it.Parents are the best teachersdo you agree or disagree with the statement that watching television is bad forschools should formally require all students to study other cultures and societieDo you agree or disagree with the following statement: Young people should try diCan some of you please check those two essays?Some people enjoy change, and they look forward to new experiences.integrated writingIs it better to marry someone who is similar to U or different?One skill needed to be successful in the worldPlaying team sports or playing individual sports?Working for money or for other reasons