Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

competition; equal opponent; partner; counterweight; game
elevator
price
match
facility
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Using apologize + "about" or "for"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
The verb "align"??? | I hope you haven't because
listening exercisestell a friend
Using apologize + "about" or "for" #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 05, 2006 17:46 pm   Using apologize + "about" or "for"

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #10 "Cats, Dogs and Ducks", question 8

There is no need to apologize about your remarks as I can assure you it's like water off a duck's back to me.

(a) of some concern
(b) of a little concern
(c) of little concern
(d) of less concern

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #10 "Cats, Dogs and Ducks", answer 8

There is no need to apologize about your remarks as I can assure you it's of little concern to me.

Correct answer: (c) of little concern

Your answer was: incorrect
There is no need to apologize about your remarks as I can assure you it's of less concern to me.

When do we use 'apologize' with 'about' and when with 'for'?

Matweij
Matweij

Apologise #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 05, 2006 19:32 pm   Apologise

Hi,,

There is a slight difference. Apologise for is more specific and about is more general.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Using apologize + "about" or "for" #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 23, 2010 13:12 pm   Using apologize + "about" or "for"

I don't understand clearly, can you give some examples about the difference between them?
Schneehed

Using apologize + "about" or "for" #4 (permalink) Sun Jul 01, 2012 22:23 pm   Using apologize + "about" or "for"

Examples:

I apologize about my behavior last night. (general, so psychological effect is reduced)

I apologize for using foul language with the ladies. (specific about what you are apologizing for, much more effective from a psychological perspective)
Rok

The verb "align"??? | I hope you haven't because
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
The function of 'Beginning'???Test incompl/inter-228, Question 3mix-up vs. mix-inin spite of vs. instead ofWhat does 'eclectic' mean?unit 7SOccer~sports~TV~Portugal vs Spain Live Stream Uefa EURO 2012 Semi Final HD FreeESL tutor offerthe meaning of just a heads up?What's the difference on usage of WAIT and EXPECT?What's wrong with vs. What's funny withHe's finished eating VERSUS he's finishes eatingA few drinks - countable nouns