to waver from one course to another; to vary irregularly; to vacillate
garnish
articulate
engender
fluctuate

Technology ultimately separates and alienates people?

Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they go to school | how do movies or television influence people's behavior
Technology ultimately separates and alienates people? #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:34 am   Technology ultimately separates and alienates people?

Good afternoon, Prof.Kitos!
Please help me check this Gmat-issue-essay. Thanks in advance!
Vietnam.

“Technology ultimately separates and alienates people more than it serves to bring them together.”

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your posit ion with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Essay:

There have been many debates regarding the impacts of technology on people’s relationships. While many people argue that technology obviously separates and alienates people, some of others hold a belief that technology brings people together. As far as I am concerned, I strongly agree with the latter point of view, but I think that those who hold the former belief have their own sound evidence.

Admittedly, proponents to this claim may argue that new technologies, such as the Internet, televisions, or computers, destroy humans’ relationships. Lots of people around the world have been getting addicted to watching televisions, playing online games, surfing and wandering in the Internet, to name but a few. This has proved to be very detrimental to their relationships. For example, in my country, Vietnam, many children, at the age of 8 to 14, are very interested in playing online games. They spend most of their free time sitting in front of their computers' screen and doing something separately. This may result in the lack of socializing and contacting with others.

On the other hand, technology has been a wonderful aid that can bring people together, or, in many cases, back together. To bolster this claim, I can say that I have connected with quite a few people all over the world via email, and some of them I have never known before. Furthermore, thanks to modern technologies such as the Internet or mobile phone, I can contact with my friends and relations living in other countries, far away from my homeland, very easily and conveniently. Giving and receiving a call, or chatting via Skype or Yahoo Messenger are some common ways that people often make use of, in order to keep contact with one another, as well as maintain and strengthen their relationships.

Another way that technologies support people in socializing with each other is through the so-called ‘virtual worlds’ in the Internet. There are many such virtual worlds in the Internet, such as Facebook, Twitter, and a great numbers of forums and websites, in which people can share their common interests and make contacts with one another. Such contacts may be ephemeral, but they can be great source of information and amusement as well. For example, I have joined in English-test.net Forum and enjoyed many relationships in here. It not only can make me feel relaxed, but also can bring me many benefits in terms of study.

In sum, it seems clear to me that technology has done more to bring people together than to isolate them. If they use technologies appropriately, they can gain many benefits from them.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university arts lecture on Greek drama
Vietnam

Technology ultimately separates and alienates people? #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 am   Technology ultimately separates and alienates people?

Good afternoon, Prof.Kitos!
Vietnam.

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your position with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

Essay:

Admittedly, proponents to this claim may argue that new technologies, such as the Internet, televisions, or computers, destroy humans’ relationships. Lots of people around the world have /been getting/BECOME/ addicted to watching televisions, playing online games, surfing and wandering AROUND the Internet, to name but a few. This has proveN to be very detrimental to their relationships. For example, in my country, Vietnam, many children, at the age of 8 to 14, are very interested in playing online games. They spend most of their free time sitting in front of their computers' screen and doing something separately. This may result in the lack of socializing and contacting with others.

Another way that technologies support people in socializing with each other is through the so-called ‘virtual worlds’ in the Internet. There are many such virtual worlds in the Internet, such as Facebook, Twitter, and a great numbers of forums and websites, in which people can share their common interests and make contacts with one another. Such contacts may be ephemeral, but they can be A great source of information and amusement. as well. For example, I have joined in English-test.net Forum and enjoyed many relationships in here. It CAN not only can make me feel relaxed, but also can ALSO bring me many benefits in terms of study.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
An exceptionally well-written essay Vietnam. Be proud of your skills.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
I'm preparing for my MBALearning a foreign language-essayTelevision in Vietnam.Most experiences that seemed hard at first become valuable lessons for future, agPrinted books will no longer exist in the futureParents are best teachers.A job with more vacation time but a low salary is better than a job with a high sIm taking TOEFL® iBT on 23rd October, and this my practise essay...Needed helpSome people think making sure that others (influential people or potential employDescribe one event from your country's history.topic43: study with friendsplease rate my writingParents should allow children to make their own choices