to signify; to be significant; to intend; to indicate
notice
mean
fold
sink

What does apple cart mean?

I want to go shopping? | That's the whole shebang?
What does apple cart mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 28, 2010 16:56 pm   What does apple cart mean?

"Did you hear that the warehouse workers are trying to form a union at this company? That is sure to upset the ......... around here," Lisa told Linus.

(a) beanpole
(b) grocery
(c) water flow
(d) apple cart

"Did you hear that the warehouse workers are trying to form a union at this company? That is sure to upset the apple cart around here," Lisa told Linus.

Correct answer: (d) apple cart

"Did you hear that the warehouse workers are trying to form a union at this company? That is sure to upset the water flow around here," Lisa told Linus.
_________________________

Could you explain to me the meaning of apple cart?
Maddy

Location: Italy

What does apple cart mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 28, 2010 17:24 pm   What does apple cart mean?

An apple cart is a cart loaded with apples.
The idiom though is "to upset the apple cart". Its meaning is explained here
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does apple cart mean? #3 (permalink) Wed Sep 29, 2010 14:41 pm   What does apple cart mean?

Maddy

Location: Italy

Does to move from pillar to post mean always on the same?What does for the time being mean?Computers are for the birds?For Pete's sake?What is the difference between display and exhibition?Get out of my house and never darken my door again?If only I were a fly on the wall...I don't think it's going to fly...What are high-bandwidth connections?Test incompl/inter-285, Question 7Test incompl/inter-285, Question 3What is the origin of the phrase 'pardon my French'?What does Chinook mean?