inclined to plunder or rob; preying on others; pillaging
predatory
utilitarian
notorious
mottled

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

please check and revise my essay. thank you very much! | Please correct my ToeflŪ essay, luschen, thank you. :)
The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:05 am   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

The graph illustrates the quantity of chicken, beef, lamb, and fish consumed in a European country between 1979 and 2004.

In 1979, the amount of beef consumption was the highest, with about 225 grams per person per week. While the levels of chicken consumption and lamp consumption were about the same amount, about 150 grams per person per week. Fish consumption had the lowest level, with about 55 grams.

Nevertheless, during the 25-year period the consumption of beef and lamp dramatically fell to approximately 100 grams and 60 grams respectively. Also, the consumption of fish declined, but it slowly decreased to a bit less than 50 grams, consumption was the most stable.

Obviously, the level of chicken consumption, on the other hand, showed an upward trend, overtaking that of lamb in 1980 and that of beef in 1989. In 2004, the consumption of chicken rose to 250 grams per person per week.

Overall, the graph shows how the consumption of chicken increased dramatically while the consumption level of other kinds of meats decreased over the particular period.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is one problem with contribution approach?
Omo37

Location: Bangkok, Thailand

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:07 am   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

Dear Correctors, Kotos,
I would like to try something new. Please help me. Thanks.
Omo37

Location: Bangkok, Thailand

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:48 pm   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

Nevertheless, during the 25-year period the consumption of beef and lamB dramatically fell to approximately 100 grams and 60 grams respectively. Also, the consumption of fish declined, but it slowly decreased to a bit less than 50 grams, consumption was the most stable.

Obviously, the level of chicken consumption on the other hand, showed an upward trend, overtaking that of lamb in 1980 and that of beef in 1989. In 2004, the consumption of chicken rose to 250 grams per person per week.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A pretty good summary Omo.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #4 (permalink) Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:33 am   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

How about this report? Help me check it. Thank you

A glance of the graph provided reveals changes in the demand of consumers for fish and some various kinds of meat in a particular European country during the period from 1979 to 2004. It is evident that while the amount of chicken consumed per person per week increased exponentially, the popularity of beef, lamb and fish decreased over the period
Of these kinds of food, chicken was the only one kind whose amount of consumption showed an upward trend. On average, one person in the Europe country ate approximately 140 grams of chicken per week in 1979. The consumption, however, had soared to almost 250 grams by 2004, making chicken the most popular of these foods by far
The consumption of other kinds of meat, meanwhile, dropped dramatically during the 25-year period. It was particularly true of beef. With the highest amount in 1979, beef tended to be less commonly-consumed by people in the European country with just 100 grams eaten per person per week in 2004. The similar situation occurred with lamb, with the decrease of some 100 grams after 25 years. Unlike the remarkable changes in the consumption of 3 kinds of meat, the quantity of fish consumed stood somewhere between 40 and 60 grams over the period.
Nguyenanh92

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #5 (permalink) Mon Apr 15, 2013 19:55 pm   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

Dear Kitosdad or anyone helpful around here,
Would you mind correcting the below essay for me? though quite long, I suppose :P

"The line graph shows the changes in the amounts of chicken, beef, lamb and fish consumed in a European country between 1979 and 2004.
In 1979, beef consumption stood at 220 grams per person per week, suggesting that beef was the most popular food in the country. However, during 10 subsequent years, the volume of consumed beef wildly fluctuated then sharply declined by 125 grams to end the period at just above 100 grams per person per week. Likewise, lamb consumption steadily fell from 150 grams to 60 grams during the given interval.
In contrast, consumption of chicken saw a rising trend. Starting at just below 150 grams per person per week in 1979, it increased rapidly and exceeded the amount of lamb and beef in 1980 and 1989 respectively to become the most popular kind of food in 2004 with approximately 250 grams being consumed.
Meanwhile, fish consumption remained lowest in quantity, stabilizing at roughly 50 grams per person per week over 25 years.
To conclude, consumption of all kinds of given meat changed, except for fish consumption which was almost stably low over the period. While beef and lamb fell into disgrace, chicken was of growing popularity."
Huong.jess

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #6 (permalink) Mon Apr 15, 2013 22:21 pm   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

Hopefully I fall under the rubric of "anyone helpful" ;)
I thought you did an excellent job, just a few errors I could see. I would rate this a band 7, maybe getting close to a band 8.

Huong.jess wrote:

In 1979, beef consumption stood at 220 grams per person per week, suggesting that beef was the most popular food[meat] in the country. However, during [the] 10 subsequent years, the volume of consumed beef wildly{these seems a bit strong for the data} fluctuated then sharply declined by 125 grams to end the period at just above 100 grams per person per week. Likewise, lamb consumption steadily fell from 150 grams to 60 grams during the given interval.
In contrast, consumption of chicken saw a rising trend. Starting at just below 150 grams per person per week in 1979, it increased rapidly and exceeded the amount of lamb and beef in 1980 and 1989 respectively to become the most popular kind of food[meat] in 2004 with approximately 250 grams being consumed.
Meanwhile, fish consumption remained lowest in quantity, stabilizing at roughly 50 grams per person per week over [the] 25 years.
To conclude, consumption of all kinds of given meat changed, except for fish consumption which was almost stably{"consistently" seems more natural than "almost stably"} low over the period. While beef and lamb fell into disgrace{into disgrace seems too strong and too opinionated}, chicken was of[enjoyed] growing popularity."

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #7 (permalink) Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 am   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

Thank you, Luschen for your taking the time checking my essay. Never doubt your helpfulness ;)
Huong.jess

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #8 (permalink) Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 am   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

Why aren't there anyone help me to check my report? :( :-S
Nguyenanh92

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and... #9 (permalink) Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:11 am   The graph below shows the consumption of fish and...

Perhaps you should have placed it in a thread of its own so that it would not so easily be overlooked when someone makes another post after it.
_________________

Pets in yours family! Evaluate this essay for me, many tks.-To Luschen.Pets in yours family! Evaluate this essay for me, many tks.-To Luschen.This is my 2nd essay so review it pleasePlease rate my essay for toeflŪ- Integrated writingPlease help me check my reports. Thank you so much!Please Luschen review and rate this independent essay.please check and revise my essay. thank you very much!please check and revise my essay. thank you very much!Please rate my essay for toeflŪThis is my new essay, please correct and rate it Luschen ^^Immigrants and Assimilation.Tried to work on essay organization.Thank you 4 Help.please help check and correct my essay,many thanksPlease correct and rate my ToeflŪ essay, Luschen! Thank you.