reproof; warning; reproval
whim
dearth
sally
admonition

Do women make better parents than men?

Adults should learn practical skills by themselves or from teachers? | A leader should ask others before making a decision, agree or not?
Do women make better parents than men? #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 03, 2010 16:34 pm   Do women make better parents than men?

This is my 2nd essay and I really hope it is better than the 1st one. Thank for checking it. :)
________________________________________________________________

There is a quote: “Men make house, women make home” and it tends to be precise throughout the history until now. This idea does not mean that men are not important in raising children but as we look over daily familial life, women are closer to children than men. When children are in danger, the first word they shout is : “Mommy, help me”. In fact, women have usually proven themselves to be superior parents as a result of those reasons.
First, women obtain more familial condition than men. Since they are very young, females enjoy learning about nurturing. They love to play with doll, feed them, pretend that they are their mothers and sing them a lullaby. Later, they take care of younger brothers or sister. Girls sympathize the essential role of their mothers and they often consider those activities, housework are feminine. Compare to boys, they have so many differences. Boys like virile things such as: football, guns, and vigorous heroes in movies. And while boys dream to be as strong as Popeye the sailor man, or to conquer Red planet, girls just want to be doctor to help the poor, a warm and happy family. Thus, girls have propensities in raising children.
Second, girls are less aggressive, and their stamina is much better than men. As we see, every war involve in men. Men are the leaders, 85% soldier of Department of Defense are men, that is mean men are usually prove to be aggressor in crime and war. Moreover, the New York Times has just reported that it would be better if you raise your children with calmness, sweetness but sometimes with sternness. Women are considered as sensitive, therefore, they know how to conduct flexibly, aware when to support the children or when to teach them. Having offspring is hard, but raising them to become good citizen is much harder.
And the final reason why I think women make better parents than men is women have better communication skill. In 1992, Swan made a survey about the differences among brains of girls and boys. After some tests, he finally discovered that almost girls have better score in oral skills. Communication skills are one of the most important skill to become good parents because your children inherit everything from their Mom and Dad such as: behavior, character… Thus, verbal skill influences children a lot.
Although, there are many opponents about this issue. They said men could make better parents than women. Men are usually stern, harsh and straightforward and children need these characters to become good citizenships. Nowadays, social issue is in emergency, many youths are arrested because of using heroine, sexual abusing… Therefore, to protect children, parents must be stern and force children to follow their disciplinary rule. That is also mean there are not any existences of sweetness, calmness. This idea has some merit on the surface. Nevertheless, should we always follow these boring and nonsense rules? Children change their physical body and their soul everyday. Parents should listen to their children, do the best things for them, support them to stand up when they are fell off. In short, parents must be flexible, and willing to change. Being good parents does not mean just coerce your children to follow your words.
In conclusion, I advocate the idea that women make better parents than men. Women not only have many natural skills, such as: good stamina, calmness… but also some appropriate condition to become good parents and that is why they have the greater role in raising children in most societies.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Fine Arts
Huongmeow

Do women make better parents than men? #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 03, 2010 19:36 pm   Do women make better parents than men?

There is a quote: “Men make A house, women make A home” and it tends to be HAVE BEEN precise throughout the history until now. This idea does not mean that men are not important in raising children but as we look over daily familial life, women are closer to children than men. When children are in danger, the first wordS they shout is : “Mommy, help me”. In fact, women have usually proven themselves to be superior parents as a result of those reasons.

First, women obtain more familial condition than men. /Since/FROM WHEN/ they are very young, females enjoy learning about nurturing. They love to play with dollS, feed them, pretend that they are their mothers and sing them a lullaby. Later, they take care of younger brothers or sister. Girls SHOW sympathize WITH the essential role of their mothers(,) and they often consider those activities, housework AS BEING feminine DUTIES. CompareD to boys, they have so many differences. Boys like virile things such as: football, guns, and vigorous heroes in movies. And While boys dream to be as strong as Popeye the sailor man, or to conquer THE Red planet, girls just want to be doctorS to help the poor, AND TO HAVE A warm and happy family. Thus, girls have propensities in raising children.

Second, girls are less aggressive, and their stamina is much better GREATER than THAT OF men. As we see, every war involveS in men. Men are JUDGED TO BE the leaders(.) 85% OF soldierS IN THE Department of DefenCe are men(.) That is meanS men are usually proveN to be aggressorS in crime and war. Moreover, the New York Times has just reported that it would be better if you raise your children with calmness, sweetness but sometimes with sternness. Women are considered as sensitive, therefore, they know how to conduct flexibly, aware when to support the children or when to teach them. Having offspring is hard, but raising them to become good citizen is much harder.

And The final reason why I think women make better parents than men is women have better communication skill. In 1992, Swan made a survey about the differences BETWEEN THE brains of girls and boys. After some tests, he finally discovered that almost ALL girls HAD A better score in oral skills. Communication skills are one of the most important skillS NEEDED to become good parents(,) because your children inherit everything from their Mom and Dad such as: behavioUr AND character… Thus, verbal skillS influence children a lot.
Although, There are many opponents about this issue. They said men could make better parents than women. Men are usually stern, harsh and straightforward and children need these characters to become good citizenships. Nowadays, A social issue is EMERGING; many youths are arrested because of using heroine AND sexual abusE… Therefore, to protect children, parents must be stern and force children to follow their disciplinary ruleS. That is also meanS there are not any existences INSTANCES of sweetness OR calmness IN THEIR LIVES. This idea has some merit on the surface. Nevertheless, should we always follow these boring and nonsense rules? Children change their physical bodIES and their soulS everyday. Parents should listen to their children, do the best things for them, support them to stand up when they are fell off HAVE FALLEN. In short, parents must be flexible, and willing to change. Being good parents does not mean just coerce your children to follow your words.

In conclusion, I advocate the idea that women make better parents than men. Women not only have many natural skills, such as: good stamina, calmness… but also some appropriate condition to become good parents(,) and that is why they have the greater role in raising children in most societies.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You write well H. You need to pay attention to subject/verb agreement. This was a good essay, and if you were to review the edited version closely, then I'm sure you would improve your work even more.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
REMINDER.The best way to boost education quality is to raise teachers' wages?how televisions and movies affect humancould you check my essay?If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you changDo you agree? Ads induce unhealthy dietsSports teach life lessonsStudents who can keep their own rooms organized are more likely to succeed.Please read and rate my essay. Thank you in advanceA company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect thThe chart belows shows information about changes in average house price.Some people are organized, whereas others are not. What type of person you are?Is it more important for a government to spend money on public transportation (bu