large number; a lot; innumerable; endless; infinitive; multiple
credence
collusion
deity
myriad

Material on the internet should be censored or controlled to protect the public

One should never judge a person by external appearances. Agree or not? | What events (experiences or ceremonies) make a person an adult?
Material on the internet should be censored or controlled to protect the public #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 18:25 pm   Material on the internet should be censored or controlled to protect the public

Hi!!! Could somebody rate my essay?

Material on the internet should be censored or controlled to protect the public.

One of the latest media inventions is the internet. It’s use has increased a lot because of the quantity of updated information available there. Nowadays, billions of people from all over the world have access to the internet. Everybody is able to create a homepage and upload there almost everything , as nobody verifies the immense amount of posted data. I support the idea of censoring and controlling the material on the internet because of numerous considerations.

One reason why I agree with internet censorship is the huge amount of violent , indecent and harmful content which affects children negatively. An example of dangerous information found on the internet are porn sites accessed by children because of their high degree of curiosity.There are many studies showing that exposure to violence desensitize people over time. So, in my opinion pornographic content represents an obstacle in the way of healthy mind development.

In addition to explicit material, the various illegal actions enterprised throught the internet represent another reason why it should be controlled .A particular example of illegitimate performance on the web is selling licensed material without owners’ permission, which means violating their rights. A lot of piracy sites specialized in selling pictures, music, movies and games affect the income of big companies, which claim to lose millions of dollars each year.

The third reason why I believe that internet should be guarded is the increasing quantity and sophistication of spam, also called “junk mail”. ‘’Junk mail’’is unsolicited mail that contains dangerous spyware and viruses able to affect your computer system. Another negative effect of spam is the fact that it degrades the internet speed to a great extent.

To sum up, internet should be controlled and censored in order to protect children from inappropriate websites, to stop the performance of illegal actions and solve the awful spam problems.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Social History (2)
Myhaele

Material on the internet should be censored or controlled to protect the publ #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 04, 2010 19:55 pm   Material on the internet should be censored or controlled to protect the publ

Hi!!! Could somebody rate my essay?

One of the latest media inventions is the internet. It’s use has increased a lot because of the quantity of updated information available there. Nowadays, billions of people from all over the world have access to the (I)nternet. Everybody is able to create a homepage and upload almost everything there , as nobody /verifies/MODERATES/ the immense amount of posted data. I support the idea of censoring and controlling the material on the (I)nternet because of numerous considerations.

One reason why I agree with (I)nternet censorship is the huge amount of violent , indecent and harmful content which affects children negatively. An example of dangerous information found on the (I)nternet are pornOGRAPHY sites accessed by children because of their high degree of curiosity.There are many studies showing that exposure to violence desensitizeS people over time. So, in my opinion pornographic content represents an obstacle in the way of healthy mind development.

In addition to explicit material, the various illegal actions enterprised throughOUt the (I)nternet represent another reason why it should be controlled .A particular example of illegitimate performance on the web is selling licensed material without owners’ permission, which means violating their rights. A lot of piracy sites specialize in selling pictures, music, movies and games WHICH affectS the income of big companies, which claim to lose millions of dollars each year.

The third reason why I believe that THE (I)nternet should be guarded is the increasing quantity and sophistication of spam, also called “junk mail”. ‘’Junk mail’’is unsolicited mail that contains dangerous spyware and viruses able to affect your computer system. Another negative effect of spam is the fact that it degrades the (I)nternet speed to a great extent.

To sum up, THE (I)nternet should be controlled and censored in order to protect children from inappropriate websites, to stop the performance of illegal actions and solve the awful spam problems.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good work Myhaele.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
If you could travel back in time to meet a famous person from history, what persoa new topicUniversities should give the same amount of money to their students' sports activcould you please rate my essay for ibt test?Which country would you like to visit?Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a membewhat is your style to solve youe problemsprevention is better than curePlaying Sports teaches us lessons about life.It is only worth watching movies that can teach us something about real life."Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you thinkmoney and success..thank you.an essay among toefl® topics