reverent; sincere; pious; earnest; religious
devout
articulate
ludicrous
heedless

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A zoo has no useful purpose

People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. | TOEFLŪ vs. IELTS advice
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A zoo has no useful purpose #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 06, 2010 18:47 pm   Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A zoo has no useful purpose

Topic 153: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A zoo has no useful purpose?
Essay:

In the recent years, most people have to admit that we have destroyed a lot of natural environment and the habitats of many animals. Consequently, a lot of important animals are going to be extinct, and we can only see them in the zoos. Although the useful purpose of zoos is controversial question, I completely disagree with the opinion that we cannot take any advantage from zoos because they help us to preserve wild animals, improve the responsibilities of people for protecting environment and bring us good places to relax.

To begin with, zoos are good and safe place for animals to live without any harm from hunters or environmental changing. In the natural environment, wild animals may be difficult to find food or living places because many activities of people damage their habitats, such as expanding farmland or exploiting wood. However, when animals live in zoos, people can take care of them, bring them food, provide places for them to live well. Beside, some valuable and rare animals are decreasing the population because of over hunting. Thanks to zoos, wild animals can be protected from hunting.

In addition, when people visit to zoos, they will take more responsibilities in protecting wild animals. In zoos, people see a lot of animal's activities, and they will like them and feel more closer to nature. as a result, when people aware that some animals that they like are in dangerous situations, they will try to protect them. For example, after visiting zoos, some people will abandon using some products which are made by wild animals, such as clothes are made from fur or skin of animal. In this way, people can reduce the quantity of animals which are killed by hunters each year.

Finally, zoos are great places for people, especially children, to visit and relax. When people go to zoos, they will be attracted by a lot of strange animals, and they will feel very excited when they see their actions. For instance, most children always laugh when they see the fun activities of monkeys in the zoos, and some people have both interesting feeling and a little fear when they meet some dangerous animals in front of them, such as tigers, lion or snakes. In this time, we will forget all our troubles;Therefore, zoos will help us to reduce stress and get balance between lives and work to live better.

In brief, wild animals are losing day by day, and we have to protect them from extinction. For the reasons that I mentioned above, I believe that zoos are very vital to society because of its advantages, such as to entertain for people and protect wild animals.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the secretary do next?
Tung Lam

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A zoo has no useful pur #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 06, 2010 19:29 pm   Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A zoo has no useful pur

Essay:

In the recent years, most people have to admit that we have destroyed a lot of natural environment and the habitats of many animals. Consequently, a lot of important animals are going to beCOME extinct, and we WILL BE ABLE TO only see them in the zoos. Although the useful purpose of zoos is A controversial question, I completely disagree with the opinion that we cannot take any advantage from zoos(,) because they help us to preserve wild animals, improve the responsibilities of people for protecting THE environment and bring us good places to relax.

To begin with, zoos are good and safe place for animals to live without any harm from hunters or environmental changES. In theIR natural environment, wild animals may FIND IT difficult to find food or living places because many activities of people HAVE damageD their habitats, such as expanding farmland or exploiting FORESTS. However, when animals live in zoos, people can take care of them, bring them food, provide places for them to live well. Beside, some valuable and rare animals are decreasing IN NUMBERS the population because of over hunting. Thanks to zoos, wild animals can be protected from hunting.

In addition, when people PAY VISITS to zoos, they will take more responsibilities in protecting wild animals. In zoos, people see a lot of animal's activities, and they will like them and feel more closer to nature. As a result, when people BECOME aware that some animals that they like are in dangerous situations, they will try to protect them. For example, after visiting zoos, some people will abandon using some products which are made FROM wild animals, such as clothes THAT are made from fur or skin of A PARTICULAR animal. In this way, people can reduce the quantity of animals which are killed by hunters each year.

Finally, zoos are great places for people, especially children, to visit and relax. When people go to zoos, they will be attracted by a lot of strange animals, and they will feel very excited when they see their actions. For instance, most children always laugh when they see the funNY /activities/ANTICS/ of monkeys in the zoos, and some people have both interesting feeling and a little fear when they SEE some dangerous animals in front of them, such as tigers, lionS or snakes. In this time, we will forget all our troubles;Therefore, zoos will help us to reduce stress and get balance between OUR lives and work to live better.

In brief, wild animals are losing day by day, and we have to protect them from extinction. For the reasons that I mentioned above, I believe that zoos are very vital to society because of THEIR advantages, such as to entertain people and protect wild animals.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Very good work Lam.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
two integrated compositionSome people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity.a new wonderful restaurant near your houseFiction non-fictionMany people leave their home country.there are times when lying is acceptable.agree or disagree?Why do you think people visit museums when they travel to new places?qualities of a good co-workerA friend with sense of humor, intelligence, or reliabilityGMATŪ Essay. Please help me, Prof.Kitos! Thanks in advance!Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare.Has this improved the way people livepeople's lives are longer nowHaving jobs with low paying salary and being high secure is better. Thank you!