to express disapproval of; to protest against; to disparage; belittle
promulgate
blemish
deprecate
flaunt

Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful

The best way to improve the quality of the education in a country is to increase | Is it important to working quickly and risking making mistakes than to work slow
Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 07, 2010 13:23 pm   Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful

Hello Kitosdad. Thanks for reviewing my essay.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Only people who earn a lot of money are successful. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

We all struggle a lot in our lives to earn huge amounts of money. In my opinion, those people who earn a lot of money are not always successful. My reasons and examples listed below will strengthen my point of view.

On the one hand, we are living in a materialistic world where money is like blood cells. Those people who earn a lot of money are able to make some of their dreams come true, such as living in more comfortable houses, travelling everywhere around the globe, having their best cars. They need not worry about paying their bills or fulfilling their children’s desires. For instance, if their children want to go abroad for further studies, they can send them to one of the best and well-known universities. On the other hand, rich people are not always happy. They might have serious health problems, or they might think that something misses from their lives because of their greed/voraciousness. For example, a person who works all day long so as to earn huge amounts of money. This person is surely turning his lifestyle into ”workstyle”, meaning that his entire life will revolve around work.

Furthermore, there are people who might not be able to earn a lot of money or fulfill all of their desires, but see success all around them. This is because they define success as being alive, having a nice family, or walking in the streets and hearing the birds singing. By the time I was walking in the streets of India and seeing the poor people with no proper food and shelter still smiling, I considered myself to be an unsuccessful person and decided to change my way of life.

To put all in a nutshell, according to me, money brings material success. For being a truly successful person, we should appreciate other beauties that life gives us at every instant and know that money cannot buy everything we want in our lives.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university student and an adviser in the university's work-study program
Leenda

Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 07, 2010 18:25 pm   Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful

On the one hand, we are living in a materialistic world where money is like blood cells. Those people who earn a lot of money are able to make some of their dreams come true, such as living in more comfortable houses, travelling everywhere around the globe, having the best cars. They need not worry about paying their bills or fulfilling their children’s desires. For instance, if their children want to go abroad for further studies, they can send them to one of the best and well-known universities. On the other hand, rich people are not always happy. They might have serious health problems, or they might think that something is missing from their lives because of their greed/voraciousness. For example, a person who works all day long so as to earn huge amounts of money. This person is surely turning his lifestyle into ”workstyle”, meaning that his entire life will revolve around work.

Furthermore, there are people who might not be able to earn a lot of money or fulfil all of their desires, but see success all around them. This is because they define success as being alive, having a nice family, or walking in the streets and hearing the birds singing. One time I was walking in the streets of India and seeing the poor people with no proper food and shelter still smiling, I considered myself to be an unsuccessful person and decided to change my way of life.

To put all in a nutshell, according to me, money brings material success. For being a truly successful person, we should appreciate other beauties that life gives us at every instant, and know that money cannot buy everything we want in our lives.
................................................................................................................................
Yet again Leenda

Kitos. 10/10 *****
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:46 am   Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful

Wow.. I hope I get such score in my Toefl essay.
Leenda

Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:59 am   Agree/Disagree: Only people who earn a lot of money are successful

If you continue to write like this, you will do!
_________________

Topic67: if you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire:The most important thingParents cannot understand their children today as parents understand their childrTelevision and child's school performanceIt has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neigParents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine thHow do movies or television influence people’s behavior?Television has destroyed communication among friends and familyIt is a better to have a job with more vocation but lower salaries than a jobCharacteristic of a good leader?Topic56: a company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to pa serious&strict teacher is more effective than a teacher with humorTalking and listening - Which is better?