equivalent to; equal to
meretricious
chronic
tantamount
deplorable

It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neig

Television has destroyed communication among friends and family | Television and child's school performance
It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neig #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 08, 2010 14:14 pm   It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neig

It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

From my point of view, it is a wonderful idea because of several reasons such as new impulse for cultural life, extra working places, and new source of income for local business.
First of all, relations between people and culture cannot be built without special places where every person can see new film or performance. This is the reason why building new movie theater will support interest of people to new trends in film industry. For example, my sister likes very much to visit movie theaters and through them, she extends her knowledge of modern films.
Secondly, development or building new theaters and other cultural places always can create new opportunities for labour market. The matter is that, in modern theaters there are many personnel, for example, people who sell tickets or work with special equipment in the theater. As a result, some people will be able to resolve their problems, which are connected with unemployment.
Finally, new movie theater will be a very attractive destination for people across of the city. In this case, new theater will affect on development of surrounding area and as a result, it will be new impulse for local business. For instance, leaving movie theater people will visit local cafes and shops, which is a very beneficial trend for business.
In conclusion, I believe that building new theater will have remarkable effect on interest of people in new movies and number of working places in local community. At the same time, it will be positive for local business.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a science class
Svyatoslavkn

It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 08, 2010 18:14 pm   It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your

From my point of view, it is a wonderful idea because of several reasons such as new impulse for cultural life, extra working places, and new source of income for local businessES.
First of all, relations between people and culture cannot be built without special places where every person can see new filmS or performanceS. This is the reason why building THIS new movie theater will support THE interest of people to new trends in THE film industry. For example, my sister likes very much to visit movie theaters and through them, she extends her knowledge of modern films.

Secondly, development or building new theaters and other cultural places always can create new opportunities for OUR labour market. The matter is that, in modern theaters there are many personnel, for example, people who sell tickets or work with special equipment in the theater. As a result, some people will be able to resolve their problems, which are connected with unemployment.

Finally, new movie theater will be a very attractive destination for people across of the city. In this case, A new theater will HAVE AN affect on development of THE surrounding area, and as a result, it will be A new impulse for local businessES. For instance, leaving THE movie theater people will visit local cafes and shops, which is a very beneficial trend for business.

In conclusion, I believe that building new theater will have A remarkable affect on THE interest of people in new movies and THE number of working places in OUR local community. At the same time, it will be positive for local businessES.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good work Svyatoslavkn. You are almost there! You must begin reading more English publications. This is your quick way forward to even better reading, writing and speaking. Please take this tip to heart. Even you will be surprised how great an improvement you will see.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
A historical event that you are interested in most. Thanks~Topic67: if you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire:Dowsing techniqueThe most important thingParents cannot understand their children today as parents understand their childrA student must like a teacher in order to learn, agree or not?Parents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine thHow do movies or television influence people’s behavior?Is it important to working quickly and risking making mistakes than to work slowIt is a better to have a job with more vocation but lower salaries than a jobTaking detailed notes in class?A new activity you would like to attend in the future. Many thanks!Characteristic of a good leader?