threatening or showing evil; dishonest; malicious
lethal
capricious
sinister
affable

Television and child's school performance

It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neig | Parents cannot understand their children today as parents understand their childr
Television and child's school performance #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 08, 2010 15:08 pm   Television and child's school performance

Reading

Listening

Hi Kitos, please check my response to this task. I need your help:)

The writer and the speaker explain the impact of watching television on the children's performance in school with opposing opinions.
According to the writer, there is a strong connection between the television and performance of children in school.The time spent on watching television affect their grades in class. Similarly,the children who have television sets in their bedroom get less marks as compared to those who don't. On the other hand, the speaker contradicts by saying that not all children get low grades in school, who spend time watching television. He supports his opinion by giving an example. For instance, Japnese not only spend more time on television but they also achieve good marks in class, as compared to American children who spend less time watching television.Apart from this, he says that it has been observed that if the time for watching television is decreased, it doesn't overall raise the test scores.

Moreover, the writer argues that the children don't watch television for educational purposes. Mostly they watch cartoons or other entertainment programs which have no valuable lesson for them, and this way they become passive. On contrary, the speaker asserts that television acts as a source of innovation and information for the children. According to him, the time factor is critical in the child's performance in school. For example, children who spend one hour or so, get good marks rather than three or more hours.

Finally, both the writer and speaker provide different solutions to the above problem. According to the writer, parents should turn off the television for the sake of their children. Whereas the speaker suggests that parents should help their children in the choice of programs they watch, and they should indulge them in other activities like reading, playing outdoor games or take them to the zoos.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a marine biology class
_________________
Never give up trying, if you want to achieve something in life.
Babo

Location: United states

Television and child's school performance #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 08, 2010 18:27 pm   Television and child's school performance

Reading

Listening

According to the writer, there is a strong connection between the television and performance of children in school.The time spent on watching television affect their grades in class. Similarly,the children who have television sets in their bedroom get less marks as compared to those who don't. On the other hand, the speaker contradicts by saying that not all children get low grades in school, ONLY THOSE who spend time watching television. He supports his opinion by giving an example. For instance, JapAnese not only spend more time on television but they also achieve good marks in class as compared to American children who spend less time watching television.Apart from this, he says that it has been observed that if the time for watching television is decreased, it doesn't RAISE THE overall test scores.

Moreover, the writer argues that the children don't watch television for educational purposes. Mostly they watch cartoons or other entertainment programs which have no valuable lesson for them, and this way they become passive. On contrary, the speaker asserts that television acts as a source of innovation and information for the children. According to him, the time factor is critical in the child's performance in school. For example, children who spend one hour or so, rather than three or more hours,get good marks; rather than three or more hours.

Finally, both the writer and speaker provide different solutions to the above problem. According to the writer, parents should turn off the television for the sake of their children. Whereas the speaker suggests that parents should help their children in the choice of programs they watch, and they should indulge them in other activities like reading, playing outdoor games or take them to the zoo.
................................................................................................................................
Appears good to me Babo.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
The way a person dresses can reflect this person’s personality.A historical event that you are interested in most. Thanks~Topic67: if you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire:Dowsing techniqueThe most important thingA student must like a teacher in order to learn, agree or not?Parents should allow children to make their own choices rather than determine thHow do movies or television influence people’s behavior?Television has destroyed communication among friends and familyIs it important to working quickly and risking making mistakes than to work slowIt is a better to have a job with more vocation but lower salaries than a jobTaking detailed notes in class?A new activity you would like to attend in the future. Many thanks!