eager readiness; speed
dilemma
veneer
alacrity
approbation

Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children.

A tool or equipment that you rely on often in your daily life. | Agree or disagree: Playing sports can teach us the important lesson of life.
Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children. #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 11, 2010 19:32 pm   Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children.

Topic: “Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children.” Do you agree?

As many children like watching action movies, they are inclined to act like the movie characters, fighting or using guns. They are appealed by many toy guns and war toys that are very similar to real weapons. However, many parents prohibit their children from playing with toy guns as they think weapon toys are dangerous and violent. I agree with them, and I believe that war toys can cause children to be injured and endangered.

To begin with, despite claims from toy companies that war toys are not dangerous, many children are injured every year due to toy guns. Although the weapon toys like toy guns are made to be much less powerful than real guns, when they are shot in a short distance, they still can caused injuries. Children are sometimes very careless, and maybe accidentally harm themselves or their friends while playing with toy guns.

Secondly, mistaking toy guns and war toys as real weapons is very dangerous. As many toy guns are designed to be similar to real guns except they have smaller sizes, police can mistake a boy playing with toy guns as an armed person, and unexpectedly hurt the boy. Similarly, a child can mistake a real gun in his house as a toy, and play with the real gun. Consequently, he can accidentally kill himself or injure others while playing.

Finally, gun and weapon toys may provoke children's violence, and give them chance to act violently. Weapon toys badly give children opportunities to act similarly to characters in action movies. Many children may want to behave as villains, using toy guns to threaten their friends.

For all the reasons above, I believe that children should not be allowed to play with toy guns and other weapon toys alike. Guns and weapons are all able to cause children to be injured, regardless of whether they are real or not.

--------
Hello Kitos,
Hope you can check my essay.
Recently, I have had so much thing to do with class homework and barely had time to practice Toefl.
I hope my writing has not got too bad.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which country was not an important cotton grower in the 19th century?
_________________
K-I-S-S
------------------
Alive

Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children. #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 am   Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children.

Alive wrote:

As many children like watching action movies, they are inclined to act like the movie characters, fighting or using guns. They are appealed ATTRACTED by many toy guns and war toys that are very similar to real weapons. However, many parents prohibit their children from playing with toy guns as they think weapon toys are dangerous and violent. I agree with them, and I believe that war toys can cause children to be injured and endangered.

To begin with, despite claims from toy companies that war toys are not dangerous, many children are injured every year due to toy guns. Although the weapon toys, like toy guns, are made to be much less powerful than real guns, when they are shot OVER a short distance, they still can CAUSE injuries. Children are sometimes very careless, and maybe accidentally harm themselves or their friends while playing with toy guns.

Finally, gun and weapon toys may provoke children TOWARD violence, and give them THE chance to act violently. Weapon toys badly give children opportunities to act similarly to characters in action movies. Many children may want to behave as villains, using toy guns to threaten their friends.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
It is not good Alive. You need to catch up, and do it quickly. Study more, and definitely read more,

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children. #3 (permalink) Tue Oct 12, 2010 13:05 pm   Parents should not buy toy guns or war toys for their children.

I see.
Thanks for your feedback.
_________________
K-I-S-S
------------------
Alive

Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

IELTS-Some people believe that there should be Fixed punishment for each type ofHow do I write a resume to apply for college?agree or disagree:In order to become well-informed, one has to get information frWhat discovery in the last 100 years has been most beneficial to people?“Having a lot of money and being able to buy things they want truly/really makeGroup-study or study alone?The sole reason for success- Luck or hard work?The best way to improve the quality of the education in a country is to increaseTelevision has destroyed communication among friends and familyIf you were an employerWatching TV is not a good use of time?What is the best age to marry?most important plant