two words having the same sound but different meanings
demagogue
imposture
deluge
homonym

You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of j

Advertisements have a bad influence on people.Agree Or disagree? | Which place would you prefer to live in: big city or small town?
You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of j #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:47 am   You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of j

You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert you want to attend which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

From my point of view, this choice is not equal because tickets for a performance and valuable thing as a piece of jewelry are opposite. At the same time, I would prefer to purchase a piece of jewelry because of several reasons such as positive memories, and opportunity to make pleasant for close people.
First of all, a piece of jewelry, for example, a ring it is not only an expensive thing which you can posses. In many cases, it can be filled up with the gist. It is not a secret, that a piece of jewelry can be connected with important events in lives which usually are being overlooked and only valuable thing are remnants of them in our memory.
Secondly, I believe that a piece of jewelry can be an exciting gift for my mother or girlfriend. The problem us that things like concerts can be forgotten very quickly from our brain. At the same time, gifts often remind us about vital events in lives. For instance, I do not remember so much about many countries, which were, visited by me. However, souvenirs, which I bought from travel, still remind me about my journeys.
In conclusion, I want to add that buying things like a piece of jewelry can be very beneficial because it is a bond with important events in lives and it is a wonderful present for relatives or close friends.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do Birds of Paradise have amazing plumages?
Svyatoslavkn

You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 24, 2010 15:48 pm   You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece

Svyatoslavkn wrote:

From my point of view, this choice is not equal because tickets for a performance and a valuable thing such as a piece of jewelry are opposite. At the same time, I would prefer to purchase a piece of jewelry because of several reasons, such as positive memories, and the opportunity to make it pleasant for close people.

First of all, a piece of jewelry, for example, a ring it is not only an expensive thing which you can posses. In many cases, it can be filled up with the gist. It is not a secret, that a piece of jewelry can be connected with important events in llife which are usually being overlooked, and only valuable things are remnants of them in our memory.

Secondly, I believe that a piece of jewelry can be an exciting gift for my mother or girlfriend. The problem us that things like concerts can be forgotten very quickly from our brain. At the same time, gifts often remind us about important events in our lives. For instance, I do not remember so much about the many countries that I have visited. However, souvenirs, which I bought on my travels, still remind me about my journeys.
In conclusion, I want to add that buying things like a piece of jewelry can be very beneficial because it is a bond with important events in our lives and it is a wonderful present for relatives or close friends.
................................................................................................................................
Not bad Svyatoslavkn. Please review this work closely before starting your next essay. Also, note the proper spelling of "jewellery."

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
You should make sure people are aware of your strengths:agree/disagreeDescribe a major obstacle you have facedIt is only worth watching movies that can teach us something about real life, agrIncrease teachers' salaries can improve the quality of the education?!Analysis of argument-1should we give sports and social clubs the same finiancial support as libraries?Integrated essay: productivity and rewardsWhy do people live longerPeople behave differently when they wear different clothes.“Is Netspeak harming the Vietnamese?”Please check my essay.Young people should take several kinds of jobs before they decide what career...Do you agree that playing sports teaches people more lessons about the life?