widespread ruin; destruction
increment
devastation
impostor
paradox

advantage and disadvantage of playing sports

getting marred based on love or practical usages | The best way to give advice to other people
advantage and disadvantage of playing sports #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 25, 2010 19:02 pm   advantage and disadvantage of playing sports

Please give me comment on this. Thanks in advance.

Some young children spend a great amount of their time practicing sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There is a true that everyone knows: playing sports is very good for our health. Playing sport helps us stay in shape, builds up our teamwork skill, and makes us persistent players. But there is a true that not many people can realize: spending too much time on sports may cause some bad influence. Especially when it comes to young children, they need a balanced schedule so that they can take advantage and avoid some disadvantages of playing sports

First, playing sports is necessary for everyone to reserve a good health. It is proven by scientists that doing exercises or playing sports regularly helps people stay in a good shape and avoid some health problems such as heart attach or blood pressure. For those reasons, young children should spent time to play sport everyday. But if they spend too much time on that, they will not have enough time to participate in many other interesting and useful activities such as going to picnic with their friends, learning instruments…Even worse, they may do not spend enough time on study.

Second, playing sports helps young children develop their team work skill. Usually when playing sport, they will be allocated into teams. By trying to connect with other team members to win to the game, they will learn how to get along with people, how to understand other people’s ideas, and how to coordinate with the others to get the best result, not only in sports, but also in study or in working environment. But still, if they spend too much time on playing sports, there will be a disadvantage that young children, since they spent too much time hanging on with the others in a team, will not know how to handle problem alone, resulting in performing badly when working independently.

Lastly, playing sports helps children learn how to stand up after failing, making them comparative in any tournament. Definitely that everyone will fail at least once when they play sport. The desire of being the winner urges them to try more and more. The more they try, the more they become better. But once they are so involved in the game, they somehow become so aggressive. Some will try anything to win, and some will even play unfairly to be the winner. The stories about the soccer using drug or the player fighting in a game are clear evidences for the disadvantage of playing sport when it is not under control.

In conclusion, it is true that playing sport is very helpful for young children. But it is also true that spending too much time on sport will bring out negative effect on them. Young children may have less time to study, can not work properly alone or become aggressive if they are so involved in sports.

TOEFL listening discussions: What are the two students doing?
Blackswallow

advantage and disadvantage of playing sports #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 25, 2010 19:19 pm   advantage and disadvantage of playing sports

There is a true saying that everyone knows: playing sports is very good for our health. Playing sport helps us stay in shape, builds up our teamwork skill, and makes us consistent players. But there is a truth that not many people can realize: spending too much time on sports may cause some bad influences. Especially when it comes to young children. They need a balanced schedule so that they can take advantage and avoid some disadvantages of playing sports

First, playing sports is necessary for everyone to reserve good health. It is proven by scientists that doing exercises or playing sports regularly helps people stay in a good shape, and helps avoid some health problems such as heart attack or blood pressure. For those reasons, young children should spend time in playing sport everyday. But if they spend too much time on that, they will not have enough time to participate in many other interesting and useful activities, such as going on a picnic with their friends or learning to play musical instruments…Even worse, they may not spend enough time on study.

Second, playing sports helps young children develop their team-work skill. Usually when playing sport, they will be allocated into teams. By trying to connect with other team members to win to the game, they will learn how to get along with people, how to understand other people’s ideas, and how to coordinate with the others to get the best result, not only in sports, but also in study or in a working environment. But still, if they spend too much time on playing sports, there will be a disadvantage for young children, since they spend too much time hanging on with the others in a team, will not know how to handle problems alone, resulting in performing badly when working independently.

Lastly, playing sports helps children learn how to stand up after failing, making them competitive in any tournament. It is definite that everyone will fail at least once when they play sport. The desire of being the winner urges them to try more and more. The more they try, the better.they become, but once they are so involved in the game, they somehow become so aggressive. Some will try anything to win, and some will even play unfairly to be the winner. The stories about the soccer players using drugs or the players fighting in a game are clear evidences to the disadvantage of playing sport when it is not under control.

In conclusion, it is true that playing sport is very helpful for young children. But it is also true that spending too much time on sport will bring out negative effects in them. Young children may have less time to study, cannot work properly alone or become aggressive if they are so involved in sports.
...............................................................................................................................
Not bad BS, but you need to start moving forward. Please review this work and note the alterations.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
advantage and disadvantage of playing sports #3 (permalink) Mon Oct 25, 2010 19:24 pm   advantage and disadvantage of playing sports

Thanks, Kitos,
I've got 21 for writing, this time, while I've got 24 last year. That's bad, but I'll try
Blackswallow

Having jobs with low paying salary and being high secure is better than jobs withcustom from your country that you would like people from other countries to adoptWhether parents should help determined the future of their children or Children aTopic 87 : the most beneficial discovery in last 100 yearsDoes telephone have more affect on human than television?I need some feed back please for my essay (graph Description)Playing sports teaches people more lessons about the life.new student ...please helpPronunciation in toefl® ibt speakingDo you think that television programs, movies, and video games Influence young peAnyone help me correct my SAT® essays?Students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries.The best way to improve the quality of the education in a country...