trick or deception; a practical joke
expatriate
tenet
atheist
hoax

Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits

Does technology development made the world a better place to live in? | A lower-paying job or a high-paying job
Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:21 am   Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits

Dear kitos,
would you please review my essay? Thanks in advance.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

I agree with this statement that advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits. My reasons are presented as followed.

First, advertising will create the trend of eating unhealthy food. Take the fast food commercial in Taiwan as an example; advertising is the main reason that makes fast food popular among children. The attractive commercial and market strategy are successful to draw attention of the children because the commercial presents the tasty food and the toys given with the food without mentioning the extra calories. In addition, children are not adept to distinguish which kind of food benefits health. They put the delicious food as the first priority when they choose what they want to eat. Thus, the appealing commercial will cause the unhealthy eating habits.

Second, according to researches, customers are more willing to buy the products which they are familiar with. The main goal of advertising is to create more chances to attract customers. Take myself as example; when I have no idea what to eat, I will think of the repeating advertisement about the fast food at first. Therefore, I will go to the restaurant to eat the unhealthy food as a habit when I have no idea what to eat.

Last by not the least, many commercials avoid presenting the disadvantage of products. Therefore, customers will not be aware of the harmful effects. Take the fast food as an example; many children overweight nowadays because they are not aware of the extra calories provided by the fast food. The reason why they are not noticed is the lack of this kind of information provided by commercials. If we take a closer look at the commercials of the fast food, none of these mentions that the fast food will provide extra calories that make people overweight. Thus, children will like to eat fast food as an unhealthy eating habit.

In conclusion, because of the reasons I mentioned above, I agree that advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the professor ask to see the student?
D2389758

Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:05 am   Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits

D2389758 wrote:
Dear kitos,

First, advertising will create the trend of eating unhealthy food. Take the fast food commercial in Taiwan as an example; advertising is the main reason that makes fast food popular among children. The attractive commercial and market strategy are successful in drawing the attention of the children, because the commercial presents the tasty food and the toys given with the food, without mentioning the extra calories. In addition, children are not adept enough to distinguish which kind of food benefits their health. They put delicious food as the first priority when they choose what they want to eat. Thus, the appealing commercial will create their unhealthy eating habits.

Second, according to researches, customers are more willing to buy the products which they are familiar with. The main goal of advertising is to create more chances to attract customers. Take myself as example; when I have no idea what to eat, I will think of the repeating advertisement about the fast food at first. Therefore, I will go to the restaurant to eat the unhealthy food as a habit, when I have no idea what to eat.

Last by not the least, many commercials avoid presenting the disadvantage of products. Therefore, customers will not be aware of the harmful effects. Take fast food as an example; many children are overweight nowadays because they are not aware of the extra calories provided by the fast food. The reason why they are not aware is the lack of this kind of information provided by commercials. If we take a closer look at the commercials of fast food, none of these mentions that fast food will provide extra calories that make people overweight. Thus, children will like to eat fast food as an unhealthy eating habit.

................................................................................................................................
Not bad D, but it lacked a little imagination.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
agree or disagree with the following statement? Games are as important for adultsYounger school children should be required to study art and music?Thank you very muchIt is necessary to let others such as influential people or future employers knowChildren from 5 to 10 need to learn not only mathematics, language, science, andIncreased teacher's salary will improve the quality of education in a countryThe Fatefull Decision ( ToeflŪ Essay )please rate, A person should never make a important decision alone.Pets should be treated like family members.Young people should try several different job before they take a career in a longWith the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more informationCould you proofread this letterTopic 87 : the most beneficial discovery in last 100 years ; it is fixed