fictitious name; pen name
novice
bibliophile
pseudonym
bog

is it better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city.

A/ D-Distance learning and online computer classes should replace classroom le | What gift would you give to help a child develop?
is it better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:23 am   is it better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city.

There is a general debate today on the topic that which place is better for children to grow up, the countryside or the big city? Those who object to better for children growing up in the countryside argue that living in a big city has more benefits for children .They believe that the big city can provide better hospitals and schools, which are essential for those children .But people who favor let children grow up in the countryside, on the other hand, argue that the environment in the countryside is , obviously, much better, it has almost no traffic jam and the air there is fresher. Contrary to the opinion of many people is my heartfelt objection to the idea that children grow up in a big city is better.

A big city can provide better health care for the children. The hospitals in a big city have ability to afford to buy ambulance, precise medical machines, variety kinds of medicines, etc. Those are significant for children who catch sudden illness. For example, on a cold winter mid-night, my little sister, who was only 4 years old .had a really bad belly-ache .So unusually painful she felt that she kept crying loudly. My mother called the hospital immediately and only 5 minutes later an ambulance arrived at our house .My sister get cured in time. If, back then, my sister lived in the countryside, there is little possibility for her to get cured in time because of poorer treatment condition. So personal experience leads me to favor the big city as a better place for children to grow up.

Also, a big city, comparatively, has better educational conditions. As English learning for example, the number of students study English is on the rise, English as a tool for communicating, speaking, obviously, is the essential part .The schools in a big city can hire native English speakers to teach the students oral English, thus those students can speak English better than those who do not have foreign teachers .

But, there are also some merits for children to grow up in the countryside. There are few cars on the street, so the parents do not need to worry about their children would be hurt by cars when the kids are playing outside. And the air there is much fresher, that is good for the children's health.

Considerable though the advantages that growing up in the countryside are, they can not compete with the benefits that living in a big city brings about, when education and health care are taken into consideration. From what has been discussed above, we could safely draw the conclusion that as a better place for children to grow up, a big city is better than the countryside although both of them have their own advantages.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Physics
Tangtangnian

is it better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:20 am   is it better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city.

Not bad Tangtangnian, but you have a way to travel yet before you are able to compose a legible essay.
Spend some time reading. Reading is your way forward.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Not everything that is learned is contained in books. Agree or not?There is nothing that young people can teach older peopleTOEFLŪ ESSAY: Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why...launch a center for business researchDo you agree or disagree? "People learn and improve from adversity (hardshipA long vacation vs. several short vacationspublic concern over drug abuseHow is better to promote employees? seniority or performance?Advertising is a waste of time and moneyneed help on my essay...any corrections and or commentsChange in my school...Integrated taskGood teachers set challenging tasks for their students