very steep; descending rapidly; vertical; sheer
insidious
precipitous
precocious
impervious

Technological progress has made us lazy.

What a person would like and dislike about living in your town? | Pets should be treated like family members.
Technological progress has made us lazy. #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 08, 2010 20:08 pm   Technological progress has made us lazy.

Generally, as we know that the technologies accelerate the development of civilization and help us in our co-operation with nature. For today, every country tries to develop their technology system. Since, people who live in this century are accustomed to use the technology for their conveniences. I think that technology makes us lazy, but there are many reasons which make me think that it is necessary. In my opinion, people should not criticize the technological progress. I will demonstrate several reasons and examples for supporting my idea in the next paragraphs.
First and foremost, I want to explain how hard-working people become lazy. The technological progress is developing by people just for make our life more comfortable. The simple example is TV. I knew that people use to switch TV channels by using buttons which were located on the TV’s panel. But later, people created a remote for TV, which helps to people, were control TV channels in the some distance. I can give many examples for that, because the difference between technologies of 19th century and 21st century is very big. For today, the technology is rapidly developing and life becomes easiest than it was be. The hard-work system loses its meaning. I believe in that, the time will come when human’s labor will not have any value, but it is not meaning that the developing of technology is bad.
Secondly, I want to support my opinion about why people should not criticize the technological progress. Everyday people use today’s technologies to go somewhere or communicate with someone and so on. I know that person of this century can not live like person who lives two-hundred years ago. Since, the 20th and 21st centuries are known as technology centuries. In these centuries, people accustomed to use internet, new transportation systems and many other technologies which were created by developing of since. The one of important thing for today it is a cell phone. Everybody in this world use a cell phone for make a contact with someone. By developing technology, a cell phone turns not only to thing which people use for contacting, but also to thing in which people may find everything what they need.
But every medal has its reverse. The rapid scientific progress has aroused a number of problems that are a matter of our great concern. These are ecological problems, the safety of nuclear power stations, the nuclear war threat, and the responsibility of a scientist. But still we are grateful to the outstanding men of the past and the present who have courage and patience to disclose the secrets of the Universe.
In conclusion, I would like to say that the developing of technology is undeniable. The technology will be in progress until, the man’s life stop. But important thing that every person can choose how he or she wants to live. Consequently, if someone thinks that the technology is bad, he may not use that. This is not necessarily to live in the present day by using all technologies which you do not like.

TOEFL listening lectures: Who are not included as members of the Underground Railroad?
Sauron212

Location: Azerbaijan, Baku

ENDANGERED ORANG UTANNeed an explanation about an answer in the USA TODAY articleEXAMPLE ESSAYCollege YrearsIs winning a game important to you?It is more important to work at a job that you enjoy than it is to earn a lot ofTelevision has had a mostly positive effect on society.please rate my essayWhat historical event in your country has had a major effect on your country?the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information or creates probleTeacher should be evaluated by students.Agree or not : people make quickly decision are always wrongIntegrative writing task