indifferent; submissive; nonchalant; self-satisfied; at ease
complacent
boorish
cursory
sallow

Article "Family celebrations"/ "Making wishes under fir"

Learning from real-life experiences or at the classroom? | Article "My favourite disaster"
Article "Family celebrations"/ "Making wishes under fir" #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 11, 2010 14:18 pm   Article "Family celebrations"/ "Making wishes under fir"

Making wishes under fir.

My title is the first thing that comes into my mind when I think of New Year's Eve. In Ukraine the New Year is usually greeted by fireworks, eating salad "Olivye", tangerines and drinking champagne.

A lot of people prefer to celebrate the night of December 31 at home with family and close friends. Preparations that include - cooking, cleaning, gift packing and Christmas tree decorating start in the morning and last till the evening.

When all the family and friends are gathered at lavish dinner table in a dressing-up the party begins. Until clock chimes 12 each person summing up progresses of the last year and seeing it off with toasts.

In my opinion the best thing about New Year is that it brings together all the family. Most of all I love the moment of making a wish when the clock chimes 12, as most of us have cherish hopes for future. So, let all our positive dreams come true, cheers!

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student probably do with her next paper?
Aolazur

Location: Kiev, Ukraine

Essay about Media!How do movies or television influence people's behavior?What are the characteristics of a good leader?The birth rate in most developed countries is predicted to begin to fall over theTeens and the InternetLetter to a friendSome young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible.Integrated taskintegrated essay : zooIs it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or save your money?It is more important for students to study history, literature than math, scienceEssay: Computers have made people's lives much more complicatedintegrated essay: peers