joking in an awkward or improper manner; entertaining amusing
crucial
antithetical
facetious
indigenous

Should children study and play or help with household chores?

What new product would you developed? | A/D:Newspapers and magazines is the best way of learning about a foreign country.
Should children study and play or help with household chores? #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:04 am   Should children study and play or help with household chores?

Hello Kitos! Thank you for correcting my essay:D I feel so lucky:)

TOPIC:Some people think children should study and play. Other people think children should help with household chores. Which do you think is better?

In today's contemporary, it seems that children are surprisingly busy due to the increasingly fierce and brutal competition. They have to accumulate knowledge in a diversity of fields to perfect themselves, and this is where the controversy arises. Some people hold the opinion that they should play freely once they have leisure time, others who strongly disagree with this cite that no matter how busy they are, helping with household chores should be an essential part in childhood. In my perspective, the latter one is more reasonable.

There are a considerable number of reasons to consolidate my viewpoint, that is, doing some household chores will benefit children a lot, but also their parents. In the first place, during this process, we could learn something interesting and practical, which can not obtain from classes. Let me take myself for example. When I was a little girl, I always helped my mother water flowers and feed golden fish, I learned how to attend those cute little creatures and found life is so full of beauty. What's more, by preparing meals with my mother, I learned how to select various fresh vegetables and fruits in a supermarket, and then gained a lot of useful common sense. Since then I amazingly realized, besides the knowledge from our books in school, there are an assortment of stuff for me to learn in daily life! Life is like a box of chocolate, what we should do is keep full of vigor and taste it.

Another aspect that cannot be ignored is that, by doing some household chores, we could lighten our parents’ load to some extent, but also please them, since they have to face tremendous issues from work and are usually exhausted. Sometimes, I would wash dashes after dinner and wipe the floor on weekends with my mother, every time I could feel a strong sense of happiness and satisfaction in both myself and my mother – I enjoyed the time together with my parent; she was proud of herself as having such a cute girl – thus our relationship had been strengthened unconsciously as well. More importantly of all, I, a childish teenager, gradually began to be aware of the necessity of assuming responsibilities and obligations as a family member.

In case of daily life, it does own its own philosophy and value for us to experience and, undoubtedly, doing household chores is definitely one of the best approaches for young teenagers. Therefore, it is reasonable to draw the conclusion that children should help with household chores.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is herring healthier for us than tuna?
Becky Ru

Location: China

Should children study and play or help with household chores? #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 am   Should children study and play or help with household chores?

Becky Ru wrote:

In today's contemporary world , it seems that children are surprisingly busy due to the increasingly fierce and brutal competition they face in school. They have to accumulate knowledge in a diversity of fields to perfect themselves, and this is where the controversy arises. Some people hold the opinion that they should play freely once they have leisure time, others who strongly disagree with this cite that no matter how busy they are, helping with household chores should be an essential part of their upbringing. In my perspective, the latter one is more reasonable.

There are a considerable number of reasons to consolidate my viewpoint, that is, doing some household chores will benefit not only the children, but also their parents. In the first place, during this process, we could learn something interesting and practical, which (cannot) obtain from classes. Let me take myself for example. When I was a little girl, I always helped my mother water flowers and feed the gold fish. I learned how to attend to those cute little creatures and found life is so full of beauty. What's more, by preparing meals with my mother, I learned how to select various fresh vegetables and fruit in a supermarket, and then gained a lot of useful common sense. Since then I amazingly realized, besides the knowledge from our books in school, there are an assortment of things for me to learn in daily life! Life is like a box of chocolates, what we should do is keep full of vigour and sample them.

Another aspect that cannot be ignored is that, by doing some household chores, we could lighten our parents’ workload to some extent, but also please them, since they have to face tremendous issues from work and are usually exhausted. Sometimes, I would wash dishes after dinner and wipe the floor on weekends with my mother. Every time I could feel a strong sense of happiness and satisfaction in both myself and my mother – I enjoyed the time together with her; she was proud of herself for having such a cute girl – thus our relationship had been strengthened unconsciously as well. More importantly of all, I, a childish teenager, gradually began to become aware of the necessity of assuming responsibilities and obligations as a family member.

Daily life possesses its own philosophy and value for us to experience, and undoubtedly doing household chores is definitely one of the best approaches for young teenagers. Therefore, it is reasonable to draw the conclusion that children should help with household chores.
................................................................................................................................
An intelligent essay Becky.

Kitos. 8.5/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Should children study and play or help with household chores? #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 12, 2010 13:18 pm   Should children study and play or help with household chores?

Thank you Kitos^_^ By the way, to be honest, I'm very looking forward to your criticism! Or could you please give me some suggestions to make it better? in content or style or...? ^_^
Becky Ru

Location: China

Should children study and play or help with household chores? #4 (permalink) Fri Nov 12, 2010 18:46 pm   Should children study and play or help with household chores?

I think you did very well Becky. You discussed the advantages and disadvantages of children being made to do household chores. I don't think you could have said more. Well done.
_________________

Should children study and play or help with household chores? #5 (permalink) Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:30 am   Should children study and play or help with household chores?

Thank you Kitos O(∩_∩)O~ I think I'll keep trying! to make more progress and never let you down!!^_^
Becky Ru

Location: China

eaasy:Some people support the development in agriculture such as&#eaasy:Detailed description of crimes in the media leads to negative?When developing technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out.Don’t judge about a person too quickly.Childhood is the happiest time of a person’s life.Characteristics of a good leaderWhat is your approach to problem-solving, and how does it work for you?essay: Attending a live performance or watching the same on TVAre books more important than experience?Schools require studnets to wear uniforms/allow students to decide what to wearintegrated essay professorsThe advantages and disadvantages of a new factory near your communityChoose living in traditional house or modern house