strong rejection; denigrating attitude
spurn
cabal
fetish
proletariat

Which is more important for success

spending time with one friend or a large number of friend. Discuss its advangetag | dear mr kitos
Which is more important for success #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 15, 2010 14:34 pm   Which is more important for success

Good evening!

Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or hard work? Explain your opinion, using specific reasons and examples.

Admittedly, natural ability does have a positive effect on a person's success. However, I agree that hard work plays a more critical role in one's success. There is a saying that success is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. I totally agree that working hard is more important.
Firstly, hard work is so vital for a person that it is essential for everyone to achieve success. There are some famous people in the world who work very hard and finally become a successful people, Beethoven is one of them. When he composed music, he never gave up until he finished it, and lots of beautiful music came to world in the late night or even early in the morning. Beethoven always worked day and night to compose music. It is hard work that makes him one of the most admiring musicians in the world.
In addition, I can take myself as an example. I learned to work hard in my childhood. At that time, I did not even know what success was for a person. I just learnt to work hard from my parents, and they always set an example for me to learn. As I grew up, I found that it gradually became a habit of me, I just keep working hard all the time. Now, I was the best student in my class and did well in my academic papers. I was the winners of many competitions and the leaders of various organizations. None of those can be achieved without hard working. Moreover, I think attaining a degree of postgraduate is a stgraduate, it is my success.success for me in the future .
Addmittedly, the natural ability is somewhat important to one's success. Many artists can be successful not only because of hard working, but also because of their natural abilities. The natural ability is a gift that God gives everyone and one should treasure it and made make best use of it, that is, a person should try their best to find what he is interested in, which field is special for him to work on. I believe that a person will do better if he works at the best use of his natural ability, but he definitely should work hard as well to achieve success.
In all, hard working is critical for a person to be successful, and everyone should keep a mind on the point and always be a hard working man always.

TOEFL listening discussions: An assistant lecturer talking to a new student
Gracieyy718

Which is more important for success #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 15, 2010 15:45 pm   Which is more important for success

Good evening!

Firstly, hard work is so vital for a person that it is essential for everyone to achieve success. There are some famous people in the world who worked very hard and finally become successful. Beethoven was one of them. When he composed music, he never gave up until he finished it, and lots of beautiful music came into the world in the late night or even early morning. Beethoven always worked day and night to compose music. It is hard work that has made him one of the most admired composer/ musicians in the world.
In addition, I can take myself as an example. I learned to work hard in my childhood. At that time, I did not even know what success was for a person. I just learned to work hard from my parents, and they always set an example for me to follow. As I grew up, I found that it gradually became a habit of mine. I just keep working hard all the time. Now, I am the best student in my class and did well in my academic papers. I was the winner of many competitions and the leader of various organizations. None of those can be achieved without hard work.

Admittedly, the natural ability is somewhat important to one's success. Many artists can be successful not only because of hard working, but also because of their natural abilities. Natural ability is a gift that God gives everyone and one should treasure it and made make best use of it, that is, a person should try their best to find what he is interested in, which field is special for him to work in. I believe that a person will do better if he works at the best use of his natural ability, but he definitely should work hard also to achieve success.

In all, hard work is critical for a person to be successful, and everyone should keep his mind on the point and always be a hard working person.
................................................................................................................................
WELCOME Gracie to our Forum. You write very well. I liked your essay, and the examples. Simple and interesting. Just the way I like them!

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Thank you #3 (permalink) Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 am   Thank you

Thank you for your advice!
Gracieyy718

Dear Kitos, questions about writingYoung people should have the ability to plan and organize in the modern societyIs it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or save moneyEssay:pluses of part-time jobsPeople benefit more from travelling in their own countryMaiden attempt to post to forums .my mistake.please rate my essay for total of 6.Do you think it's better to focus on one subject in college or study a variety oReading passagesDetailed reports about crimes are good or bad?What are some of the qualities of a good parent?integrate writingPeople never satisfy what they haveSuccess comes from hard work :)