Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

smooth; straight; level; parallel; equal; consistent
even
salient
compatible
initiative
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is ill timed financing?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Hearts, cupid, cards, chocolate. | what does lungs mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
What is ill timed financing? #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 21, 2010 14:24 pm   What is ill timed financing?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #175 "Expressions with 'ill': 'ill at ease', 'ill-mannered'", question 7

According to the Small Business Association (SBA), "Inadequate or ......... financing is a major reason for small-business failure."

(a) ill mannered
(b) ill at ease
(c) ill advised
(d) ill timed

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #175 "Expressions with 'ill': 'ill at ease', 'ill-mannered'", answer 7

According to the Small Business Association (SBA), "Inadequate or ill timed financing is a major reason for small-business failure."

Correct answer: (d) ill timed

What does it mean by "ill timed financing"?
thanks.

What is ill timed financing? #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 21, 2010 16:09 pm   What is ill timed financing?

financing at the wrong time commercially. eg. borrowing just as interest rates are rising steeply.
Language Coach

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Hearts, cupid, cards, chocolate. | what does lungs mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
the salt mines.disgruntled customersVerb Tense Practice(1)a veritable couch potato."The" conclave: sounds a bit odd here?difference between "fresh-shaven" and "clean-shavenWhat does 'seem' mean?What is an electronic appliance?I want to go to Mexico, but I also want to go to Peru.information is uncountable...Affluent Romans?It took place of a sudden?the kiss of death