to restate the meaning of a passage in other words
conjecture
engender
paraphrase
reverberate

TOEFL® essay: The qualities of a good neighbor

Here is another essay I've just finished, please check it for me! | Please check and rate my 2nd Essay, Luschen..!

The rate I would give
6.0
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
5.0
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
4.0
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
3.0
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

TOEFL essay: The qualities of a good neighbor #1 (permalink) Wed Mar 01, 2006 23:22 pm   TOEFL essay: The qualities of a good neighbor

Could someone rate this one, please?

Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

It is extremely important to have good neighbors as they could make your life a bit easier and also by far more interesting. This essay will outline some of the basic qualities of a good neighbor.

A good neighbor is helpful. For example, if you are cooking something and suddenly you realize that you have run short of eggs and it is a holyday when all shops near your house are closed. You will probably ask a neighbor if you could possibly borrow a couple of eggs from him. Imagine another situation – you are sitting in terrible traffic jam, and your child has stayed the last in the kindergarten waiting for somebody to come and pick him up. Your neighbor will do this job, and children usually like being at their neighbor's.

Another quality of a good neighbor is his respectfulness. A good neighbor should respect other neighbors – if your child is terribly sick, then a good neighbor should understand it and try not to make bad noises or if you have swept the stairs and he has made them dirt again, he will respect your and appreciate your job and will clean the mess up.

Neighbors may also make your life brighter and more interesting. For instance, you may have interesting discussions about almost every sphere of life – those discussions could even be intelligent and dealing with various philosophical issues, such as, what makes people memorize things.

Therefore, you must keep in mind that you are also a neighbor to someone, so you are supposed to have all the qualities mentioned above as well.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor on the possibility of life on Mars
Translatinga

TOEFL essay: The qualities of a good neighbor #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2009 0:32 am   TOEFL essay: The qualities of a good neighbor

hey your eassy is really good but you can still add some other qualites like honesty,trust,flexiblity with eachother,admiration of your effort ect.....my rating for your essay out of five is 3.5 i think thats good you can try better.take care.
Silva

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay@ characteristics of a good neigbor #3 (permalink) Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:17 am   TOEFL essay@ characteristics of a good neigbor

What characteristics or qualities do you think a good neigbor should possess?
Use details and examples to demonstrate your opinion.
You need to write an essay of at least 300 words.

Humans are by nature social creatures, which means that we live with each other for a better chance to survive. Nowadays, people no longer need to seek partners to live together and the relationships between people have changed dramatically in the last several decades. Duo to the ever increasingly fierce competition among humans for more money and resources, the way people treat each other tend to be more and more indifferent and unfavorable. In this regard, I hope my neighbor should possess the following qualities: helpfulness, hospitality and integrity.

To begin with, a person with a good quality of helpfulness is put on the top of my list of desirable neigbors. Generally, the most needed thing when you are in great trouble is a hand given by others with warm hearts. With someone by your side, you may feel extremely relieved and hopeful about getting out of the bad situation. Even if it is a trivial issue you are swamped in, it will be highly appreciated and acknowledged for my neigbors to demonstrate the warm heart and the quality of helpfulness.

I will place the hospitality right after the helpfulness as the second most important quality my neighbors should have. Personally, being friendly is the defining quality to judge if one is a good neighbor or not. I can not tolerate a person living next to my house who are very violent and agressive and every time you run into him, you will feel very uneasy and upset. In reality, I am quiet happy to have a friendly neighbor who moved into the house next to mine several years ago and whenever I pay a visit to his house, he will treat me with a host of snacks and have a delightful talk with me. I feel like that I want to visit his house once in a while because I am very relaxed after one or two hours' stay with him.

Last but not least, I strongly agree with the statement that a qualified neighbor should possess a sense of integrity. At least, my neighbor should have the ability to judge and recognize what is right and what is wrong. Absolutely, I can not endure the facts that my neighbor steal the electricity and water supply by manipulating water and electricity meters in a sneaky way. Of course, my neighbor should not be someone who like to do something very unscrupulous like fraud,embezzlement or corruption.

To sum up, the qualities that I emphasize the most about my neighbors is helpfulness, hospitality and integrity.

hoping for your criticisms!!!
Landireneed

TOEFL essay: The qualities of a good neighbor #4 (permalink) Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 pm   TOEFL essay: The qualities of a good neighbor

i think the essay is well written, ideas are well explained, i think u deserve 3.5 out of 5
Hemantmendhe

Please correct my essay for TOEFL® independent writing.Thanks a lot!My TOEFL® Essay is waiting for your corrections!New movie theater may be built in your neighborhoodCelebrities are more important to young people than they are to old peopleDear Mister Luchen, here is my essay, please rate itPlease rate my essay for toefl®Many people think that international travel will decrease in the future.TOEFL® Integrated Essay #4. Please check and rate my essayplease check and rate my essay.Thank you in advance for any comments :-)please correct and rate my Toefl® essay, Luschen...! Thanks in advance.Any comments are highly appreciated, thanks :-)TOEFL®®®® Integrated Essay #2. Please check and rate my essay.