Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

at a further point
below
firm
direct
deliberately
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about?
Susan Boyle finally escapes from the evil Simon Cowell to be with Harry Hill | Surrounding special needs, building collocations, mind maps
listening exercisestell a friend
Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:04 am   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

Hello everybody,

My question is that : why are productive skills, writing and speaking, more difficult than receptive skills, listening and reading?

Regards,
Bashayer
Bashoorah
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #2 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 15:03 pm   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

Making is always easier than using
Crymekyd
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:59 am   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

One reason productive skills seem easier is that you control your own output. You can limit your range of expression to just what you already know. The person feels like he's doing well, but it's deceptive.

With listening and reading, however, someone else is in control of the language and can use words, sentence structures and idioms that you don't know or are not good at.
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:07 am   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

I had many times such situation that somebody claimed he was able to understand while listen to something or reading about it.

The true was different , people were often mislead and totally lost in conversation.

Sometimes we just cannot judge correctly our skills ...

Jan
Jan
I'm here quite often ;-)

Susan Boyle finally escapes from the evil Simon Cowell to be with Harry Hill | Surrounding special needs, building collocations, mind maps
ESL Forum | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Inductive Teaching Lesson PlanDon't read this!Skipping Christmas is amazing!A magic spell and message number 100 for Slava!Editing NovelsCould January be the coldest since 1740?Reading without pronouncing?Lurker resigns from his job at the Helium factoryJesus thinks you're a jerk!Beeesneees is number 1 too!EnglishTeam.co?Ich bin ein Berliner....For the 10000th time: How can I learn English?