at a further point
below
firm
direct
deliberately

Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

Susan Boyle finally escapes from the evil Simon Cowell to be with Harry Hill | Surrounding special needs, building collocations, mind maps
Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:04 am   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

Hello everybody,

My question is that : why are productive skills, writing and speaking, more difficult than receptive skills, listening and reading?

Bashayer
Bashoorah

Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #2 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 15:03 pm   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

Making is always easier than using
Crymekyd

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:59 am   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

One reason productive skills seem easier is that you control your own output. You can limit your range of expression to just what you already know. The person feels like he's doing well, but it's deceptive.

With listening and reading, however, someone else is in control of the language and can use words, sentence structures and idioms that you don't know or are not good at.

Receptive Skills and Productive Skills #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:07 am   Receptive Skills and Productive Skills

I had many times such situation that somebody claimed he was able to understand while listen to something or reading about it.

The true was different , people were often mislead and totally lost in conversation.

Sometimes we just cannot judge correctly our skills ...

Jan
Jan

Location: At sea

Inductive Teaching Lesson PlanDon't read this!Skipping Christmas is amazing!A magic spell and message number 100 for Slava!Editing NovelsCould January be the coldest since 1740?Reading without pronouncing?Lurker resigns from his job at the Helium factoryJesus thinks you're a jerk!Beeesneees is number 1 too!EnglishTeam.co?Ich bin ein Berliner....For the 10000th time: How can I learn English?