Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

disgrace; humiliation; dishonor
condolence
imposture
deity
ignominy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Television advertising directed toward young children should not be allowed

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection
Prefer fiction or nonfiction book? | People attend college or university for many different reasons.
listening exercisestell a friend
Television advertising directed toward young children  should not be allowed #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 24, 2010 20:46 pm   Television advertising directed toward young children should not be allowed

Hi, Kitos, good morning! Thanks for your time to take a look at my essay.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed.

Nowadays, the TV set is a common appliance in a house, and there are many families possessing more than one TV sets. By the time people enjoy all kinds of program, coming along with them are a diversity of advertisements. Are those commercials targeting at young children good for them? From my perspective, the television advertising ought to be banned on the screen. I would like to put forward some of the most important reasons to illustrate my standpoint.

First of all, the preschoolers are not mature enough to tell if what they see is concert with the truth. The toy companies invariably try their best to make their products look far much better in the commercial so as to gain a profit from those toys. However, the children, at this stage, easily believe what they see and hear. To some degree, those toys companies are taking advantage of children’s feature, immature, to reach their goal on the market.

In addition, as a matter of fact, children are actually utilized to put pressure on their parents by those companies when the companies publicize their products to the young children. For instance, given their parents turn down to buy them an overstated toy, the children will use their weapon, tears and cries, to make their parents step back and surrender. Otherwise, the tension will show up in the family.

Last but not least, it is the parents who will ultimately pay for those fancy commercials. Raising children is money consuming. For example, in some countries, the parents have to start saving for children’s future college education as long as their baby comes out on this world. Otherwise, they will have a predictable economic crisis when their children begin further education in college. Moreover, during the children growth, parents have to shop lot of toys for them, from baby rattle to doll house or toy train rail. If the price of those merchandize can drop somewhat, it will do parents a big favor from long run.

Be summing up, the television advertisements aiming at the preschoolers should not appear on the screen, since it can be helpful for families’ harmony and finance.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture in biology class
Channelee
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Re: Television advertising directed toward young children  should not be allowed #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:13 am   Re: Television advertising directed toward young children should not be allowed

Hi, Kitos, good morning! Thanks for your time to take a look at my essay.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed.

Nowadays, the TV set is a common appliance in a house, and there are many families possessing more than one TV set. Although people enjoy all kinds of programmes, they also show a diversity of advertisements. Are those commercials targeting at young children good for them? From my perspective, the television advertising ought to be banned on the screen. I would like to put forward some of the most important reasons to illustrate my standpoint.

First of all, the preschoolers are not mature enough to tell if what they see is in concert with the truth. The toy companies invariably try their best to make their products look much better in the commercial so as to gain a profit from those toys. However, the children at this stage, easily believe what they see and hear. To some degree, those toys companies are taking advantage of children’s immaturity to reach their goal in the market.

As a matter of fact, children are actually utilized to put pressure on their parents by those companies when the companies publicize their products directly to the young children. For instance, given their parentsrefuse to buy them an overstated toy, the children will use their weapons, tears and cries, to make their parents step back and surrender. Otherwise, the tension will show up in the family.

Last but not least, it is the parents who will ultimately pay for those fancy commercials. Raising children is money consuming. For example, in some countries, the parents have to start saving for children’s future college education the moment their baby comes out into this world, otherwise they will have a predictable economic crisis when their children begin further education in college. Moreover, during the children's growth, parents have to shop for lots of toys for them, from a baby rattle to a dolls house or toy train set. If the price of those merchandise can be reduced somewhat, it will do parents a big favor in the long run.

Summing up, the television advertisements aiming at the preschoolers should not appear on the screen, since they can be harmful for families’ harmony and finances.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not too bad Channelee.

Kitos. 8/10

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Prefer fiction or nonfiction book? | People attend college or university for many different reasons.
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publSolving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publSuper Junior FeverThank you, Kitos!A lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more vacation time is ban independent writing about jobsessaysSome people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people preferPlan your free timeNegative effects of illiteracyA/D:with the help of thechnology, students can quickly learn more informationYoung people should take several different kinds of jobIt is often not a good thing to move to a new city or a new country because of th