negative; hostile; antagonistic; inimical
omnipotent
apprehensive
adverse
ostensible

Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publ

Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publ | Integrated essay-existence of life
Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publ #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:27 am   Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publ

My third time!
I have corrected it before hand in.
Waiting for advice.

2009 .6.5 NA
Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve public health.

Ten years have passed since we stepped into the 21th century. It seems that public health is not as optimistic as we thought before. Someone think solving this problem is the best way to improve public health. Personally speaking, I can hardly agree with the opinion. Environmental problem is a significant aspect which affects the public health. There are other things affect us like heavy pressure and unreasonable eating habits.

No one can deny that after almost 100 years fast developing, we do heavy damage on our environment. The water is not longer clean and the sky is no longer blue. For example, there is a river near my home called Guangfu River. I still remember I swam with my friends in it when I was young. Five years later, a chemical factory which produced plastic material was built near the river. Soon the river was polluted and the color seemed to be black. What is worse; people live there get cancer just because of the pollution. Now, the government has closed the factory and tries its best to recover the river to improve public health.

I think heavy pressure also affect public health. Nowadays, rhythm of life is really fast. We have to double our effect to live in the same standard as our parents did 20 years ago. We need to find a well paid job. We need to raise our kids and support our parents. We can hardly breathe under this heavy pressure. Many research show that heavy pressure have bad influence on human life and make us get old faster that before. So government should try to release us form heavy pressure and give our health back.

Unreasonable eating habit is an important reason causing healthy problems. We are richer than 20 years before; and we eat more meat and eggs. This means that we take in too much cholesterol. Everyone knows that excessive cholesterol can cause a lot of illness like heart attack and cerebral apoplexy. Government should make more advertisements to publicize correct eating habit such as eating vegetables more rather than meat eggs or fried food.

At last, based on what I have discussed above. I strongly confirm that government should pay attention on not only environmental problems but also heavy pressure and wrong eating habits. Just solving environmental problems is not the best way.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the main weakness of the student's essay?
2219156

Location: Beijing

Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publ #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:17 pm   Solving environmental problems is the best way for the government to improve publ

2009 .6.5 NA

Ten years have passed since we stepped into the 21th century. It seems that public health is not as optimistic as we thought before. Someone thinks that solving this problem is the best way to improve public health. Personally speaking, I can hardly agree with the opinion. Environmental problems are a significant aspect which affects the public health. There are other things that affect us, like heavy pressure and unreasonable eating habits.

No one can deny that after almost 100 years of fast development, we do heavy damage to our environment. The water is no longer clean and the sky is no longer blue. For example, there is a river near my home called Guangfu River. I still remember I swam with my friends in it when I was young. Five years later, a chemical factory which produced plastic material was built near the river. Soon the river was polluted and the color seemed to be black. What is worse; people living near there get cancer just because of the pollution. Now, the government has closed the factory and tries its best to recover the river to improve public health.

I think heavy pressure also affects public health. Nowadays, the rhythm of life is really fast. We have to double our effect to live at the same standard as our parents did 20 years ago. We need to find a well paid job. We need to raise our kids and support our parents. We can hardly breathe under this heavy pressure. Many researches show that heavy pressure has a bad influence on human life and makes us get old faster that before. So government should try to release us from heavy pressure and give us our health back.

Unreasonable eating habits are an important reason causing health problems. We are richer than 20 years before; and we eat more meat and eggs. This means that we take in too much cholesterol. Everyone knows that excessive cholesterol can cause a lot of illnesses, like heart attacks and cerebral apoplexy. Government should make more advertisements to publicize correct eating habits, such as eating vegetables more rather than meat, eggs or fried food.

Lastly, based on what I have discussed above. I strongly confirm that governments should pay attention on not only environmental problems but also heavy pressure and wrong eating habits. Just solving environmental problems is not the best way.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Quite a well written essay.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Family CelebrationShould governments spend more money on improving roads and highwaysSome people believe that university students should be required to attend classesnew high school in my communityNeighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualitieSuper Junior FeverIntegrated essay: Archaeology problems in BritainA lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more vacation time is ban independent writing about jobsessays 2People attend college or university for many different reasons.Television advertising directed toward young children should not be allowedSome people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer