restraint; framework; raised edge of a sidewalk
ken
curb
predilection
equanimity

ToeflŪ essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following...

TOEFLŪ essay: We all work in our jobs with many... | Please Evaluate This ToeflŪ Essay: The most interesting...
Toefl essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following... #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 04, 2006 14:07 pm   Toefl essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following...

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Throughout my life, I have been lucky enough to have a very good relationship with my parents. They have supported me, given me necessary criticism, and taught me a great deal about how to live my life. Parents can be very important teachers in our lives; however, they are not always the best teachers.
Parents may be too close to their children emotionally. Sometimes they can only see their children though the eyes of a protector. For example, they may limit a child's freedom in the name of safety. A teacher might see a trip to a big city as a valuable new experience. However, it might seem too dangerous to a parent.
Another problem is that parents may expect their children's interests to be similar to their own. They can't seem to separate from their children in their mind. If they love science, they may try to force their child to love science too. But what if their child's true love is art, or writing, or car repair?
Parents are usually eager to pass on their value to their children. But should children always believe what their parents do? Maybe different generations need different ways of thinking. When children are young, they believe that their parents are always rights. But when they get older, they realize there are other views. Sometimes parents, especially older ones, can't keep up with rapid social or technology changes. A student who has friends of all different races and backgrounds at school may find that her parents don't really understand or value the digital revolution. Sometimes kids have to find their own ways to what they believe in.
The most important thing to realize is that we all have many teachers in our lives. Our parents teach us, our teachers teach us, and our peers teach us. Books and newspapers and television also teach us. All of them are valuable.

do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

pikabia

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history
pikabia

ToeflŪ essay: In general, people are living longer now...Please review this essay (on money spending)TOEFLŪ essay: Colleges and Universities are regarded as...ToeflŪ essay: If you could change one important thing about...When is the toeflŪ pattern goin to changeTOEFLŪ Essay: The function of science is to reassure...TOEFLŪ essay: Inventions such as eyeglasses and the sewing...Any extntions about chaging toeflŪ , can i apply cbt testTOEFLŪ in 4 days. It is very important to receive 5. Rate meWhen will the toeflŪ pattern changesTOEFLŪ Essay: Inventions such as eyeglasses...TOEFLŪ Essay: We all work in our jobs with many different...When tofel pattern is going to change