Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to acquire; to procure; to secure; to earn; to achieve
unveil
obtain
refurbish
card
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

A useful book for all English trainers

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Team Trainers
LCCI EfB prep project, Dresden | Looking for Online Volunteer English Teacher
listening exercisestell a friend
A useful book for all English trainers #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 13:23 pm   A useful book for all English trainers

Hello dear fellow English Team trainers!

Although I am quite sure that many of you are familiar with Jeremy Harmer's work, allow me to share with you the following link which allows you to read online the new edition of his book - 'The Practice of English Language Teaching'.

http://www.scribd.com/Jeremy-Harmer-The-Practice-of-English-Language-Teaching-New-Edition1/d/15602107

No matter if we are native speakers or not, no matter how much teaching experience we have, in my opinion, it is useful to take a peek once in a while at a methodology book. I would also like to suggest to start sharing ideas/ teaching methods and techniques/ the way we combine these methods/ techniques,etc., in order to help each other and improve the English Team's teaching methods. Just as Ray LeBlond stated :'You learn something every day if you pay attention'.

There are the so-called 'traditional methods' v.s. the modern active/interactive methods. How do you combine them and what is/are your favourite teaching method/s?

Here is one of my favourite methods which can be used both with very young and adult learners:

The cube- You need to prepare a paper cube with its faces having different colours. Each face of the cube will have one of the following words written on it: describe, compare, associate, analyze, apply, argument. Announce the theme and divide the class into 6 groups. When you throw away the "dice" ,the chosen group has to do the assigned task. Continue till each group has a task assigned.Keep them entertained with other teacher resources like the questions methods. This method helps learners to develop a methodical thinking and allows the teacher to differentiate the learning tasks.
I used it quite often with young learners when studying a literary text, but I consider that it can be used and adapted to any type of text.

Please continue this thread.

Many thanks,

Georgeta
Georgeta
You can meet me at english-test.net

A useful book for all English trainers #2 (permalink) Fri Mar 04, 2011 15:23 pm   A useful book for all English trainers

Thanks for this book.
Omarrizk
I'm here quite often ;-)

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
A useful book for all English trainers #3 (permalink) Fri Mar 04, 2011 19:34 pm   A useful book for all English trainers

Thanks for this book. I have collected it from scribd.
Macs
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

A useful book for all English trainers #4 (permalink) Sat Dec 17, 2011 16:46 pm   A useful book for all English trainers

A big hello to all members of this forum, I write this post simply to show my appreciation and gratefulness about sharing this link with us.
Your English is wonderfully amazing hope you would share your English learning experiences so as to guide us how to proceed.

A useful book for all English trainers #5 (permalink) Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 am   A useful book for all English trainers

Thanks for this book.
Angles

LCCI EfB prep project, Dresden | Looking for Online Volunteer English Teacher
ESL Forum | English Team Trainers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
So führen Sie geförderte Englischkurse durchHow are government funded English courses run in GermanyFlo Rida performance Teen Choice Awards 2012Drehscheibe project in GeraLogistics group DelitzschExcellent video seminars for English Trainers and ESL TeachersTeaching English: Warm upEnglish trainer job in JenaEnglish-Team BlogEnglish trainer job: Gera from January 23 through January 27, 2012Looking for an English trainer in LeipzigSeeking English Trainers for Online English Training ProgramsFuture ESL Teacher needs advice