person who abandons something, as a religion, cause or movement; traitor
ennui
longevity
aptitude
renegade

international music and traditional music

Online Degree Programs | People will feel happier when they finish a challenging or difficult work than
international music and traditional music #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 16:59 pm   international music and traditional music

Good evening Teacher Kitos. Can you check this essay for me?. I am really hopeless at completing it. It seems to be not good enough.
Thank you

There are many different types of music in the world today. Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays?

Nowadays, many youth tend to keen on foreign music and ignore the traditional music of their own countries. Nevertheless, because these kinds of music are all important to us, I believe that we had better pay attention to both.

On the one hand, international music helps us well understand the outside world. These songs perfectly reflect the diverse cultures of many countries, which open our views to new horizon. This complements our background knowledge about the world around. Through the music trends, we keep abreast of attitudes, tastes, etc of general public in order to fit in our surrounding community. International music is similar to a source of information, through which we can keep pace with the changes of society, then make use of it to better our own music. Otherwise, if not knowing what is going on around us, we will gradually lag behind the whole society.

On the other hand, traditional music is national heritage, which is worthwhile being respected and preserved. They have been passed on from generations to generations for thousand years, retaining the quintessence of every nation. Whether or not a country is put on the map is partly depended on these traditional values. Traditional music brings with it the pride of the entire country. Having a good understanding about it, we are ourselves showing respect for what our forefathers had devotedly built up for the next generations. In this way, we also make contribution to popularize our countries image to friends all over the world.

In a word, many youngsters these day are running after what is in fashion, which is good for our knowledge in some ways. However, never can we be allowed to forget our origins. Welcoming international music and valuing traditional music is a useful way to get the best of both worlds.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a bookstore sales clerk and a student
_________________
I'll be back. I'll miss you guys so much... See you soon...
NguyenTrg

Re: international music and traditional music #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 18:14 pm   Re: international music and traditional music

Richard93 wrote:
Thank you

Nowadays, many young people tend to be keen on foreign music and ignore the traditional music of their own countries. Nevertheless, because these kinds of music are important to us all, I believe that we had better pay attention to both.

On the one hand, international music helps us well understand the outside world. These songs reflect perfectly the diverse cultures of many countries, which open our eyes to new horizons. This complements our background knowledge about the world around us. Through musical trends, we keep abreast of attitudes, tastes, etc of the general public in order to fit in with our surrounding community. International music is similar to a source of information, through which we can keep pace with the changes of society, then make use of it to better our own music. Otherwise, if not knowing what is going on around us, we will gradually lag behind the whole of society.

On the other hand, traditional music is our national heritage, which is worthwhile being respected and preserved. It has been passed on from generation to generation for thousands of years, retaining the quintessence of every nation. Whether or not a country is put on the map is partly depended on these traditional values. Traditional music brings with it the pride of the entire country. Having a good understanding about it, we ourselves are showing respect for what our forefathers had devotedly built up for the next generations. In this way, we also make contribution to popularize our countries image to friends all over the world.

In a word, many youngsters these days are running after what is in fashion, which is good for our knowledge in some ways. However, never can we be allowed to forget our origins. Welcoming international music and valuing traditional music is a useful way to get the best of both worlds.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nothing wrong with that Richard.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
international music and traditional music #3 (permalink) Wed Dec 01, 2010 18:29 pm   international music and traditional music

Thank you Teacher,

Nowadays, many [youth] (YOUNG PEOPLE) tend to (BE) keen on foreign music and ignore the traditional music of their own countries. Nevertheless, because these kinds of music are [all] important to us (ALL), I believe that we had better pay attention to both.

On the one hand, international music helps us well understand the outside world. These songs [perfectly] reflect (PERFECTLY) the diverse cultures of many countries, which open our views to new horizonS. This complements our background knowledge about the world around US. Through the music trends, we keep abreast of attitudes, tastes, etc of THE general public in order to fit in WITH our surrounding community. International music is similar to a source of information, through which we can keep pace with the changes of society, then make use of it to better our own music. Otherwise, if not knowing what is going on around us, we will gradually lag behind the whole OF society.

On the other hand, traditional music is OUR national heritage, which is worthwhile being respected and preserved. [They have been] IT HAS BEEN passed on from generation[s] to generation[s] for thousandS OF years, retaining the quintessence of every nation. Whether or not a country is put on the map is partly depended on these traditional values. Traditional music brings with it the pride of the entire country. Having a good understanding about it, we[ are] ourselves (ARE) showing respect for what our forefathers had devotedly built up for the next generations. In this way, we also make contribution to popularize our countries image to friends all over the world.

In a word, many youngsters these dayS are running after what is in fashion, which is good for our knowledge in some ways. However, never can we be allowed to forget our origins. Welcoming international music and valuing traditional music is a useful way to get the best of both worlds.
_________________
NguyenTrg

zoos' importanceBEST FRIEND FOR EVERYBODYLesuire time indoors or outdoors?Article "What makes a good teacher"In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students.As we acquire more knowledge, things become more complex and mysteriousI only have 2 days (total) to prepare! HELP ME!!!Just a suggestion!people are no longer allowed to smoke in many public places and office buildingsA/D: Luck has nothing to do with success.MoviesHow do movies or television influence people’s behavior. Use reasons and specificBeing creative or planning carefully, which is more important to solve the proble