commanding fear or respect; horrible; dreadful; formidable
recumbent
nocturnal
redoubtable
bland

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students

Children today play very violent games. This must be reason for the increase in v | Choose one of the following transportation vehicles
In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 02, 2010 13:26 pm   In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students

Dear Teacher, check it please.

TOEFL essay: In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

When you are young you might choose either you will spend time having fun or you will try to become integrated into adult social life as soon as possible. Although some people may say that having job while studying in a Univesity is a bad idea, as it might distract a student, I think that having job while you study at the University is really a good idea.

First of all the earlier you find a job, the sooner you might find out what job fits you best. You might never know what you really like to do unless you try. For example I have a friend who finished University and although she studied hard she do not know what to do now. She has no idea what her future job would be like as University provided her with some theoretical knowledge that has nothing to do with real life. She feels very frustrated. Another friend of mine got her first job when she was at her first year at University and by the time she graduated she had known exactly what she liked to do. Having diploma she found the job really quickly. Now she feel very confident. Thus working experiece makes you feel more confident and helps you to choose the field that you would like to work in when you graduate.

Secondly people who work from their early ages gain some really usefull knowledge on how to organize thir time properly. If you work and study at the same time you need to be really disciplined and self-organized person not to either drop off the Univrsity or lose your job. You learn how to plan things ahead, manage your time, do things quickly and effectively which are very usefull habits.

To sum up in my opinion having a job while studying in University is a good idea. Not only does it help you to become more confident and choose the field where you would like to work when you graduate, but also it learns you to be a well-organized person.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student try to do with his next essay?
IZoia

Location: Kiev, Ukraine

Re: In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 02, 2010 19:18 pm   Re: In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students

IZoia wrote:
Dear Teacher, check it please.

When you are young you might choose either to spend time having fun or you will try to become integrated into adult social life as soon as possible. Although some people may say that having a job while studying in University is a bad idea, as it might distract a student, I think that having a job is a really a good idea.

First of all the earlier you find a job, the sooner you might find out what job fits you best. You might never know what you really like to do unless you try. For example I have a friend who is finished at University, and although she studied hard she do not know what to do now. She has no idea what her future job would be like as University provided her with only some theoretical knowledge that has nothing to do with real life. She feels very frustrated. Another friend of mine got her first job when she was in her first year at University, and by the time she graduated she knw exactly what she liked to do. Having a diploma she found the job really quickly. Now she feel very confident. Thus working experiece makes you feel more confident and helps you to choose the field that you would like to work in when you graduate.

Secondly people who work from their early ages gain some really useful knowledge on how to organize their time properly. If you work and study at the same time you need to be a really disciplined and self-organized person not to either drop out of the University or lose your job. You learn how to plan things ahead, manage your time, do things quickly and effectively which are very useful habits.

To sum up, in my opinion having a job while studying in University is a good idea. Not only does it help you to become more confident and choose the field where you would like to work when you graduate, but also it learns you to be a well-organized person.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A very well written essay IZoia. You are turning in good regular work. I am proud of you.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 23:35 pm   In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students

Thank you so much, Teacher!
IZoia

Location: Kiev, Ukraine

I have a quiz about toeflŪ writting 1Human activity is damaging the Eart OR it makes the Earth better place to live?do you prefer to work indepently or work with a groupWealthy nations vs poorer nationsPeople should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doingTHE BEST TEACHER IS ONE WHO IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTERPeople treat their pets as members of their family. Is it good or bad for them?What are your aims and ambitions in your life?Play sport teaches people lessons about the lifeRoad OR public transportation?private or pubic educationIf you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you changIt is easier to succeed nowadays than in the past