Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

approval; praise; sanction; assent; consent
aristocracy
tenet
anthology
approbation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

A person you know is planning to move to your town or city .

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection
Many thanks | agree or not people succeed because of hard work.Luck has nothing to do with
listening exercisestell a friend
A person you know is planning to move to your town or city . #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 02, 2010 21:56 pm   A person you know is planning to move to your town or city .

A person you know is planning to move to your town or city .What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

A friend from my college years is going to live in my town. I have been thinking about the different topics she will like and dislike. The quality of life is at a high level and you have what to do in your free time. Sometimes the city is overcrowded and the pollution is increasing.

First, according to my comparison between varieties of cities, my town provides a good quality of life. If you work at low salary job you can still even maintain a good life. The shops offer inexpensive food and clothing. My friend can rent an accommodation at a reasonable price and find it very suitable. Hospitals here are very modern. People with numerous needs are treated in a very good way by the doctors. My fellow suffers from asthma so she will need some special help occasionally.

Second, because my town is a top city to live in you can see lots of people here. Sometimes it is stressful to wait 2 hours to get at your work. The many cars here pollute the air. But the local government has started a project to reduce the number of vehicles. In addition here are not so many parks and green places to visit. Outdoor activities are something you won’t be able to do so often. The village near my town is a mountainous destination. This can replace the lack of parks.

Third, in the evening you can do a lot of things: visit a museum, go to cinema, go to circus and even go to a football game. The variety of indoor activities is big. Most of the events are at a reasonable price. This allows you to go at least once a week and get away from the hard moments during the week.

To summarize, every town has its good or bad sides. It is a duty to all the people to make it better place. But in different situations it is up to the person to make his/her life better.

(335words)

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (1)
Neacel
You can meet me at english-test.net

Re: A person you know is planning to move to your town or city . #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:11 am   Re: A person you know is planning to move to your town or city .

A person you know is planning to move to your town or city .What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

A friend from my college years is coming to live in my town. I have been thinking about the different topics she will like and dislike. The quality of life is at a high level and you have lots to do in your free time, although sometimes the city is overcrowded and
pollution is increasing.

First, according to my comparison between varieties of cities, my town provides a good quality of life. If you work at al ow salary job you can still maintain a good life. The shops offer inexpensive food and clothing. My friend can rent accommodation at a reasonable price and find it very suitable. Hospitals here are very modern. People with numerous needs are treated in a very good way by the doctors. My friend suffers from asthma so she will need some special help occasionally.

Second, because my town is a top city to live in you can see lots of people here. Sometimes it is stressful to wait two hours to get to your work. The many cars here pollute the air, but the local government has started a project to reduce the number of vehicles on the roads. In addition there are not so many parks and green places to visit. Outdoor activities are something you won’t be able to do so often. The village near my town is a mountainous destination. This can replace the lack of parks.

Third, in the evening you can do a lot of things: visit a museum, go to a cinema, go to acircus and even go to a football game. The variety of indoor activities is good. Most of the events are charged at a reasonable price. This allows you to go at least once a week and get away from the hard moments during the week.

To summarize, every town has its good or bad sides. It is a duty to all the people to make it a better place, but in different situations it is up to the person to make his/her life better.
......................................................................................................................
Not really good Neacel. You worked hard, but there was no continuity in your work. Just a lot of comments without any cohesion. Try to organise the good points together, and then do the same with the negative points.

Kitos. 8/10

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
A person you know is planning to move to your town or city . #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 13:05 pm   A person you know is planning to move to your town or city .

I was not sure how to organize this essay... so one side good points and on the other negative points?
Neacel
You can meet me at english-test.net

A person you know is planning to move to your town or city . #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 13:20 pm   A person you know is planning to move to your town or city .

Yes, that would be an improvement.

Many thanks | agree or not people succeed because of hard work.Luck has nothing to do with
ESL Forum | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
Play sport teaches people lessons about the lifeIf you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you changIt is easier to succeed nowadays than in the pastHelp with esseysAgree or disagree: Being happy with a job is more important than high salary.Important characteristics of a co-workerChildren do choresthe progress is always goodOnly movies that can teach us something about real life are worth watching.Do you agree or disagree with that a serious and strict teacher is more effectivewhen people accomplish hard workInternational student should permit to work outside campusRelying more & more on technology, deteriorates human's ability to think