prosperous; flourishing; copious; rich; abundant; wealthy
boorish
incisive
indomitable
affluent

Important characteristic of a good co-worker

A/D The best way to improve the quality of education is to increase teachers' sal | What have you learned about a country from watching its movies?
Important characteristic of a good co-worker #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:42 am   Important characteristic of a good co-worker

Dear Mr Kitos!

Please help me to review my essay and tell me what I have done wrong. Many thanks

What are the important characteristics of a good co-worker? This is a very interesting question because each people have their own answers for different reasons. In my opinion, I think that a good colleague is some one who ready to share with you the necessary knowledge and experience; someone who ready help you when needed and some one has an ability to communicate. Following details and examples will strengthen my point of view.

First, the most important characteristic of a good co-worker is sharing. Needless to say, when it comes to working, we learn mostly from our colleagues. In a team, there are juniors and seniors. Senior is someone who has wide knowledge and rich source of experience, while junior is someone who has no working experience. If the senior share with the junior the intellect they own, then the junior can complete the tasks faster with higher quality. Otherwise, the junior will have to spend a lot of time to research from many sources, and in most case, their outputs are poor because they do not know which way to go. To make an extension of this, in my project, I am the junior. When I was assigned a task, I had my co-worker tell me where to find useful material. They answered my questions enthusiastically every time I asked. As a result, I finished my job perfectly. Accordingly, my project's result was considered excellent by the higher management. My co-worker, with their ready-to-share attitude, not only did help me to improve myself, but also did contribute significantly to the success of the team.

Second, a good co-worker is someone who ready to help his colleagues. Everyone, more or less, once in their lives counters difficulties related to their work. If some one is unluckily facing that kind of situation, they definitely need help from their co-workers. For instance, in a meeting last month, my laptop was broken down, I could not access the database and document stored in the laptop, but I could not leave my audiences in the meeting room to comeback to my office and get the back-up data. One of my team members, Kien, immediately left the meeting to copy the data for me. The meeting finished successfully, and I could not say how much I appreciated what Kien has done. Without his help, I could not have leaded the meeting such perfectly.

Last but not least, an ideal co-worker is someone who communicates effectively. Interaction between members in a group is the crucial factor. In other word, when you work with a group, you will expect your team members to listen to your idea and in response, you also want them to express their ideas in an understandable way. Let's take my team as an example. For one time, our Business Analyst, after talking with customer, told the team that the client wants to add one more function, but somehow, the team thinks that customer wants to eliminate one function. This misunderstanding causes a huge amount of effort for rework. Hence, maintaining a smooth line of communication among group members is very important. And, a co-worker without communication skill technically can not be a desired colleague.

In conclusion, there are a lot of standard for a good co-worker. Among those characteristics, willing to share, willing to help and well communication are the most important. You can not take the advantage of the teamwork if your colleagues do not share their knowledge to you; your team is not a team any more if the team members do not support each others. And the working circulation will break down if the team members can not deliver their message effectively.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (1)
Phuongmy1986

Re: Important characteristic of a good co-worker #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:49 am   Re: Important characteristic of a good co-worker

Phuongmy1986 wrote:
Dear Mr Kitos!

What are the important characteristics of a good co-worker? This is a very interesting question because each person will have their own answers for different reasons. In my opinion, I think that a good colleague is some one who ready to share with you the necessary knowledge and experience; someone who is ready to help you whenever you need help, and someone who has the ability to communicate. The following details and examples will strengthen my point of view.

First, the most important characteristic of a good co-worker is sharing. Needless to say, when it comes to working, we learn mostly from our colleagues. In a team, there are juniors and seniors. A senior is someone who is usually a source of experience, while a junior is someone who has no working experience. If the senior shares with the junior the intellect they own, then the junior can complete the tasks faster, and with higher quality. Otherwise, the junior will have to spend a lot of their time to research from many sources, and in most cases, their outputs are poor because they do not know which way to go. To make an extension of this, in my project, I am the junior. When I was assigned a task, I had my co-worker tell me where to find useful material. They answered my questions enthusiastically every time I asked. As a result, I finished my job perfectly. Accordingly, my project's result was considered excellent by the higher management. My co-worker, with their ready-to-share attitude, not only helped me to improve myself, but also contributed significantly to the success of the team.

Second, a good co-worker is someone who readily helps their colleagues. Everyone, more or less, once in their lives encounters difficulties related to their work. If someone is unluckily facing that kind of situation, they definitely need help from their co-workers. For instance, in a meeting last month, my laptop broke down.
I could not access the database and documents stored in the laptop, but I could not leave my audiences in the meeting room to come back to my office and get the back-up data. One of my team members, Kien, immediately left the meeting to copy the data for me. The meeting finished successfully, and I could not say how much I appreciated what Kien had done. Without his help, I could not have led the meeting so perfectly.

Last but not least, an ideal co-worker is someone who communicates effectively. Interaction between members in a group is a crucial factor. In other words, when you work with a group, you will expect your team members to listen to your ideas, and in response, you also want them to express their ideas in an understandable way. Let's take my team as an example. One time, our business analyst, after talking with a customer, told the team that the client wanted to add one more function, but somehow, the team thought that the customer wanted to eliminate one function. This misunderstanding created a huge amount of effort in rework. Hence, maintaining a smooth line of communication among group members is very important, and a co-worker without communicative skills technically cannot be a desired colleague.

In conclusion, there are a lot of standards for a good co-worker. Among those characteristics, a willingness to share, a willingness to help and good communicative skills are the most important. You cannot take advantage of the teamwork if your colleagues do not share their knowledge with you; your team is not a team any more if the team members do not support each other, and the working rhythm will break down if the team members cannot deliver their messages effectively.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A very intelligent essay Phuongmy.

Kitos. 8.5/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Important characteristics of a co-workeragree or not people succeed because of hard work.Luck has nothing to do withthe progress is always goodOnly movies that can teach us something about real life are worth watching.Many thanksDo you agree or disagree with that a serious and strict teacher is more effectivewhen people accomplish hard workInternational student should permit to work outside campusIs frequent repetition a good way to study?What is the most important decision that you have ever made? Give specific detailTHE CAUSES OF DEFORESTATIONA person you know is planning to move to your town or city .Do you prefer to travel alone or with a group of friends