native to a region; innate; originating from a place
glib
sanguinary
indigenous
creditable

Children do chores

Winter is finally here. | Play sport teaches people lessons about the life
Children do chores #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 am   Children do chores

Good evening Teacher Kitos.
Please check my essay. Thank you for your great help.

Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Do you agree?

Doing housework helps children build household skills, teaches them about responsibilities, and brings the family closer together. Thereby, I totally agree with the idea of requiring children to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so.

Firstly, doing household chores is essential life skill that children should master as well as possible. It stands children in good stead when it comes down to living far from their parents. Knowing children can take care of themselves, parents will not so worried about their children whenever they are not home. The same holds true when children grow up, and go away for further study at university, when children have to fend for themselves all alone without usual support and backing from friends or family. This skill ensures them lead a decent and healthy life.

Secondly, assigning household tasks to children teaches them about discipline. That we require children do some housework everyday sets regulations for them to follow. They must be aware of their responsibility and carry it in any way. And whether they do the job well or badly, they learn to be responsible for what they have done. Thus, they will undoubtedly try their utmost to finish excellently every work commissioned.

Most importantly, children’s doing chores fastens the intimate relationship between parents and children. They can have tons of fun by each other’s sides when doing tasks together. This also offers them a good chance to exchange ideas, thoughts, emotion, and even simple events happening during the day. Especially, taking part in housework makes children feel themselves helpful for parents. They will get the sense of making contribution to build up their own happy family.

All in all, demanding children to do household chores is vitally useful for them to live indenpendently, makes them more disciplined and responsible, and maintain a close-knit bond between family members. Therefore, it is advisable to ask children to do some household task within their abilities.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is Dr Schmidt researching?
_________________
I'll be back. I'll miss you guys so much... See you soon...
NguyenTrg

Re: Children do chores #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 13:26 pm   Re: Children do chores

Richard93 wrote:
Good evening Teacher Kitos.

Firstly, doing household chores is an essential life skill that children should master as well as possible. It stands children in good stead when it comes down to living far from their parents. Knowing children can take care of themselves, parents will not be so worried about their children whenever they are not at home. The same holds true when children grow up, and go away for further study at university, when children have to fend for themselves all alone without usual the support and backing from friends or family. This skill ensures that they lead a decent and healthy life.

Secondly, assigning household tasks to children teaches them about discipline. That we require children do some housework everyday sets regulations for them to follow. They must be aware of their responsibilities and carry them out. Whether they do the job well or badly, they learn to be responsible for what they have done. Thus, they will undoubtedly try their utmost to finish excellently every work commissioned.

Most importantly, children’s doing chores strengthens the intimate relationship between parents and children. They can have tons of fun by each other’s sides when doing tasks together. This also offers them a good chance to exchange ideas, thoughts, emotions, and even simple events happening during the day. Especially, taking part in housework makes children feel themselves helpful to their parents. They will get the sense of making contribution to build up their own happy family.

All in all, demanding children to do household chores is vitally useful for them to live independently, makes them more disciplined and responsible, and maintains a close-knit bond between family members. Therefore, it is advisable to ask children to do some household task within their abilities.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Again, this was another excellent essay Richard. Your continued improvement pleases me.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Children do chores #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 13:56 pm   Children do chores

Thank you Teacher, you are always encouraging me very much.

Firstly, doing household chores is (AN) essential life skill that children should master as well as possible. It stands children in good stead when it comes down to living far from their parents. Knowing children can take care of themselves, parents will not (BE) so worried about their children whenever they are not (AT) home. The same holds true when children grow up, and go away for further study at university, when children have to fend for themselves all alone without usual support and backing from friends or family. This skill ensures (THAT THEY) [them] lead a decent and healthy life.

Secondly, assigning household tasks to children teaches them about discipline. That we require children do some housework everyday sets regulations for them to follow. They must be aware of their responsibility and carry [it in any way] (THEM OUT). [And] Whether they do the job well or badly, they learn to be responsible for what they have done. Thus, they will undoubtedly try their utmost to finish excellently every work commissioned.

Most importantly, children’s doing chores [fastens] (STRENGTHENS) the intimate relationship between parents and children. They can have tons of fun by each other’s sides when doing tasks together. This also offers them a good chance to exchange ideas, thoughts, emotionS, and even simple events happening during the day. Especially, taking part in housework makes children feel themselves helpful [for](TO THEIR) parents. They will get the sense of making contribution to build up their own happy family.

All in all, demanding children to do household chores is vitally useful for them to live indenpendently, makes them more disciplined and responsible, and maintainS a close-knit bond between family members. Therefore, it is advisable to ask children to do some household task within their abilities.
(Still there were some stupid mistakes. I am sorry, Teacher. :( )
_________________
NguyenTrg

Children do chores #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 14:33 pm   Children do chores

Ah, but it was such a well written essay Richard. Your improvement has been remarkable.
_________________

Children do chores #5 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 15:52 pm   Children do chores

Hi Richard,

I liked your essay. I learned a lot of things from it. Keep up the spirit.
_________________
If you need help, on a windy night, be sure to leave a candle burning so a friend can see the light.
Mohammad64

Location: Isfahan, Iran

Children do chores #6 (permalink) Fri Dec 03, 2010 16:07 pm   Children do chores

Oh, Mohammad, it is me who should say that. As I said earlier, I checked Kitos's correction because I want to follow your example.
Anyway, thank you Kitos, thank you Mohammad.
_________________
NguyenTrg

Wealthy nations vs poorer nationsWhat are your aims and ambitions in your life?Choose one of the following transportation vehiclesChildren today play very violent games. This must be reason for the increase in vRoad OR public transportation?private or pubic educationIf you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you changIt is easier to succeed nowadays than in the pastWhat is one kind of plant that is important to you or the people in your country?Help with esseysAgree or disagree: Being happy with a job is more important than high salary.Important characteristics of a co-workeragree or not people succeed because of hard work.Luck has nothing to do with