frightened; quivering
tremulous
craven
succulent
congenial

TOEFL® Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...

Books? Tips and tricks? | Thanks Kitos! I got 94 in total with 24 in writing, this score is way beyond...

rate
6.0
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
5.5
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
5.0
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
4.5
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
4.0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
less than 4.0
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare... #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 06, 2006 13:21 pm   TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...

TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As time passes, a lot changes have taken part in our lives. In the past, the main concern for people was food, for instance, hunter As time has flown, we have changed also our priorities in life, and food is just one thing we have to consume in order to do the things that are our priorities now. Undoubtedly, this change has changed our lives significantly, but I would not say that the changes have improved our lives or our living standards.

First, food is not healthy, anymore. Today, it is possible to keep food fresher for a longer period of time. Yet, we have to keep in mind that it is possible only because various preservatives and artificial flavorings are added to it.

Furthermore, cooking used to be a type of art, which is now dying out. Cooking used to be a means of eliminating stress and tension. Unfortunately, the time when people were able to relax cooking food is over.

Still, there might be some people who would disagree with me saying that we have gained some more minutes of our precious time. In this case I would like to ask them a question – do you think it is really worth having unhealthy food in order to get some more time? Moreover, these spare minutes will be most probably wasted somehow, as you cannot do a lot of things in about fifteen minutes.

To conclude, I would agree that it is easier and faster to prepare food nowadays. Still, I would ask you to pay your attention to the facts that eating unhealthy food will in no way do you a favor.

--------
Yeah, and I would also be glad if you said some words about... either my essay as such or why you think it is worth this or that... Or how to improve my score... THANKS!

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of Ben Franklin's life does the speaker mainly discuss?
Translatinga

TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare... #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:01 am   TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...

Again my comments are in capitals:

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

As time passes, a lot changes have taken part (PLACE) in our lives. In the past, the main concern for people was food, for instance, (AS HUNTERS) hunter. As time has flown (PASSED), we have changed also our priorities in life, and food is just one thing we have to consume in order to do the things that are our priorities now. Undoubtedly, this change has changed our lives significantly, but I would not say that the changes have improved our lives or our living standards.

To conclude, I would agree that it is easier and faster to prepare food nowadays. Still, I would ask you to pay your (PAY ATTENTION) attention to the facts that eating unhealthy food will in no way do you a favor.

--------

This is good but again try to use simpler expressions as:

keep in mind - remember

in order to do the things that are our priorities now.

- to carry out/complete our priorities now
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare... #3 (permalink) Sat Jun 05, 2010 15:04 pm   TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...

Hi all.. I would appreciate if anyone comment and rate my essay.
****************************************************************
A job should mean a job for life. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I disagree with the given statement “a job should mean a job for life”. In the current competitive world with well developed technologies, a person cannot achieve their ambition or goal if he stagnates at one particular job for the whole life. In my view, a job should allow one to update their knowledge from every single experience he gain, which is not possible working for a same firm and for the same job throughout entire life.

To begin with, the life style of the current people has changed a lot when compared to olden days. In our past generation, people worked for the same job till their retirement. But one cannot follow the same strategy in this fast changing world. To illustrate, a friend of mine by name Mr. Joe joined an organization and worked for few years by giving his best. With the gained experience, he shifted to another firm the following year and also he always engaged himself on learning new things from every new place. As a result, he could able to reach his goal in his career within a short time and he is very successful right now. Therefore, it is good for a person to have a diverse professional experience because every company has its own systems and procedures and in every place one can learn new things which helps to broaden their professional knowledge.

However, many people choose to stay in the same job even when they are stagnating
and doing the same thing over years and years in the context of a secure job for life. Personally, I can’t able to bear doing same thing for over years just for the sake of job security. Most of the government employees, for instance people in railway reservation counters, working nearly like a machine. Moreover, they are reaching the depressed condition at their early age due to the daily grind. Therefore, people nowadays have to think more professionally about their career.

In short, a job should mean a job for life will not suit for the current generation. So it is worth to think about how to face the challenging situation effectively in different work environment and can help professionals to reach success in their life.
Pradhaun22

TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare... #4 (permalink) Sat Jun 05, 2010 15:26 pm   TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...

Hi Pradhaun22,
You are welcome to this great tests preparation forum. For more attention, it is vital to post your work on a new thread. To do this;
-Enter the forum:
http://www.english-test.net/forum/forum16.html
-Click on new post at the top extreme left and post your work.
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Nzuahp

Location: New York

TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare... #5 (permalink) Sat Jun 05, 2010 15:48 pm   TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...

Thank u so much :)
Pradhaun22

TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare... #6 (permalink) Sat Jun 05, 2010 16:46 pm   TOEFL Essay: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare...

You are welcome.
You can re-post the topic above in the forum as a new thread and there is no doubt, our humble Kitos will be of great help to you.
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Nzuahp

Location: New York

Only people who earn a lot of money are successful.s face-to-face communication better than other types of communication?Do you support or oppose the military baseThe survey shows that in many countries, the people are living longer but increasDoes luck have anything to do with success?Competetion versus CooperationWhat are the qualities of your generationNowadays motorized flight is considered as the most importantCounties such as China, India and Japan have unsustainable population growths...The most important influences on young adults. Family or friends?PPSTWriting: Increasing involvement of businesses in the schools...A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your communiFace to face communication