corpselike; hence; haggard; pale; ghastly
dissolute
cadaverous
incognito
flagrant

Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid change

I took the exam today :D | About TOEFL® test rooms...
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid change #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am   Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid change

Topic: Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding changes . Others , however think that change is always a good thing . Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Most people often say, "Change is inevitable.". Through our lives, we all have to face several changes, no matter they are major or minor ones. There have been controversial debates as to whether to resist or embrace change. However, before identifying my point of view on this, it is necessary to examine both sides carefully.

To begin with, those who think they will embrace changes imply that changes are good, which can make their lives meaningful. Firstly, change is integral part of our lives; it is meant to be an ongoing process that we cannot live without. From the time when we was children to nowadays when we have become parents, we all have been through stages of change. The good example is when a boy is turning a teenager, his body has physically changed to gain more muscles and his voice has changed to more lower tone. Second, a great number of changes do us good. In many cases, we may find that changes make us stronger, more mature, experienced, and fruitful. That is to say, change gives us another way of learning by ourselves.

On the other hand, why does the other group prefer doing the same things day by day or like staying at the same places over time? Undoubtedly, the most reasons are security and familiarity. Most importantly, people by nature believe the same ways of doing things would make their lives more safer. Therefore, embracing changes are considered error-prone processes to them. For example, when people are to change their jobs, this transition may give them much worries as to whether they are going to get a good job or what type of their future colleagues would be. In other way, many pursue doing the same things mainly because they get used to them. They become stuck in their comfort zones, where those habits have been developed unknowingly. However, this group of people have higher chances to lose their opportunities to take steps forward of their lives if those changes happen to be good changes.

After my careful consideration, both sides seems to have their own merits. Even if I myself am a huge fan of combining these two ideas together, however, I personally believe that I rather belong to the first group better. This is because life is considered a dynamic process to me that you will finally find changes are hardly to be stopped from happening. So, I think the best way we can deal with it is trying to keep pace with it at our best.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a history class
Sarunnio

Re: Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid chang #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 am   Re: Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid chang

Most people often say, "Change is inevitable.". Throughout our lives, we all have to face several changes, no matter they are major or minor ones. There have been controversial debates as to whether to resist or embrace change. However, before identifying my point of view on this, it is necessary to examine both sides carefully.

To begin with, those who think they will embrace changes imply that changes are good, which can make their lives meaningful. Firstly, change is an integral part of our lives; it is meant to be an ongoing process that we cannot live without. From the time when we were children to nowadays when we have become parents, we have all been through stages of change. The good example is when a very young boy is turning into a teenager, his body physically changes to gain more muscles and his voice has changed to a lower tone.

Second, a great number of changes do us good. In many cases, we may find that changes make us stronger, more mature, experienced, and fruitful. That is to say, change gives us another way of learning by ourselves.

On the other hand, why do the other group prefer doing the same things day by day or like staying at the same places over time? Undoubtedly, the main reasons are security and familiarity. Most importantly, people by nature believe the same ways of doing things would make their lives more safer. Therefore, embracing changes are considered error-prone processes to them. For example, when people are to change their jobs, this transition may give them many worries as to whether they are going to get a good job, or what type of people their future colleagues might be.
Many pursue doing the same things mainly because they get used to them. They become stuck in their comfort zones, where those habits have been developed unknowingly. However, this group of people have higher chances to lose their opportunities to take steps forward in their lives if those changes happen to be good changes.

After my careful consideration, both sides seems to have their own merits. Even if I myself am a huge fan of combining these two ideas together, however, I personally believe that I rather belong to the first group. This is because life is considered a dynamic process to me that you will finally find changes are hardly to be stopped from happening. So, I think the best way we can deal with it is trying to keep pace with it.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Very well written Sarunnio.

Kitos. 8.5/10

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a history class[/quote]
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid change #3 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 am   Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid change

Hi to a all am a new freind . can someone please correct my essay for the same subject ? thank you in advance
Some people prefer to do the same thing all their lives and avoiding change .However, others prefer to change the thing they do so they can acquire a new experience and change their life .

For me, I prefer the second one because always changing what we do brings new experience and renews our lives :
First of all , changing what we do is a good idea to acquire a new experience.When you change your work for example to another one, you try to cope with the new work ,you try to practise new strategies of work, you take these strategies from your new friends at your new work .You learn more to do your new work better with the time .For example ,when I took my new work in Saudi Arabia two years ago ,I started to learn new ways of works and make use of of my new colligues’ experiences at that time .My experience before my new work in Saudi Arabia is different from that now ,it becomes better now .in contrast to that ,working the same work for a long time will not give you any chance to acquire any experience so is not good at all to you in your life profession. For example I have a friend of mine who still work in the company that I left before I came to Saudi Arabia .This friend always says that he did not acquire any thing new regarding his experience in his work because there is nothing new .so changing what we do is better to get new experiences.

Secondly ,changing what we do is a reason to renew our life ,change it ,and feel happy with it .if you change what you do ,you will change the way you think of ,,change the people you may meet ,and change your horizons in life .When I was at school ,we removed from our house in Damascus to live in another city ,so I changed my school,I met new friends ,learned some new habits from them and so there was a change in some way in my life . I saw different people that makes my life exciting not boring .That rises my feeling that I am different in a positive way .ON the other hand ,my old friends ,back in Damascus ,who did not change their houses and removed to other cities , did not see what I saw .Their lives did not change ,they feel the same for everything in their life because there is no change,and feel boring in some way or another .So change what we do will change our life in a positive way ,that is why I like always changing .

In conclusion .change what we do is very important to acquire a new experiences and to renew our life
Ossama

Re: Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid chang #4 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 13:57 pm   Re: Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoid chang

Thank you Kitos. You help me improve my writing a lot. :-)
Sarunnio

The best way to learn about a foreign country is reading newspaper and magazines.Many people have changed from a mainly meat - based diet to a vegetarian one in rTelevision advertisements directed toward young children should not be allowedSome people think that the traffic and environmental problems in cities can be soHow do movies and TV influence peopleA teacher's ability to relate well with students is more important than...OMG! listening of my exam todayWHAT ARE THE CHARATERISTICS OF A GOOD WIFE?Should parents allow children use the computer? ArticlePeople should buy things made in their own countryOpinions about prison systemAdvice to new members.hello .. can anyone please check essay :)