progress; advance
weakness
piece
headway
denominator

A crocodile is a large, carnivorous animal

live a charmed life | omitting infinitive
A crocodile is a large, carnivorous animal #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:08 am   A crocodile is a large, carnivorous animal

ESL/EFL Test #240 "Vocabulary Practice: Animal or Object? (5)", question 5

A ......... is a large, carnivorous animal that lives in swamps. You can find this animal in Florida and Australia.

(a) cap
(b) cart
(c) can
(d) crocodile

ESL/EFL Test #240 "Vocabulary Practice: Animal or Object? (5)", answer 5

A crocodile is a large, carnivorous animal that lives in swamps. You can find this animal in Florida and Australia.

Correct answer: (d) crocodile
_________________________

Aligators are in Florida. Crocodiles are in Africa and Australia.
English Learner

A crocodile is a large, carnivorous animal #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:55 am   A crocodile is a large, carnivorous animal

You are correct that alligators can be found in Florida, however crocodiles can be found there too.

There are 23 species of crocodile and they inhabit the Southern reaches of the world. They can be found in the swamps and everglades of the southeastern U.S. (for example, Florida), in Central and South America, in Africa, Australia, India, Pakistan, Malaysia and Borneo.

This is from buzzle.com:
Crocodiles are found on all the continents of the world, except for Europe and Antarctica. The geographical range of this reptile species spans across North America, South America, Asia, Africa and Australia. Their natural habitat includes freshwater sources such as rivers, lakes, etc., as well as brackish water sources (near the mouth of the river). The Crocodylidae family is categorized into two genus - genus Crocodylus and genus Osteolaemus. Given below is the list of all the crocodile species and where they are found.
The American crocodile is found in Central America and Southern North America.
The Slender-snouted crocodile is found in the central and western Africa.
The Orinoco crocodile is found in the Orinoco river and surrounding areas in the northern South America.
The Australian freshwater crocodile is endemic to Australia.
The Philippine crocodile is found on the islands of the Philippines.
The Morelet's crocodile is found in Latin American Mexico, Belize and Guatemala.
The Nile crocodile is native to the African nations.
The New Guinea crocodile is found on the island of New Guinea.
The Mugger crocodile is found all over the Indian subcontinent.
The Saltwater Crocodile is found in the northern Australia as well as some parts of the Southeast Asia.
The Cuban Crocodile is endemic to Cuba's Zapata Swamp and the Isle of Youth.
The Siamese crocodile is found in the Southeast Asia, predominantly in Indonesia.
The Dwarf crocodile is native to the sub-Saharan West Africa and West Central Africa.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
His tumultuous journeys include....What does to cast doubt mean?cashed in his chipscarry the cancan't hold a candle togarbage, trash, waste and rubbish.He speaks Spanish.pluralise an adjectivethe exact dimensions of the areaGrammarour analysts have spelled out what happenedRobert's courting Tanyathen you can board the plane.