Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person who has been appointed; candidate
owner
anger
turnover
nominee
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

the turbulance and noise of the boats.

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
has been developed vs. has been developing | Turned him down?
listening exercisestell a friend
the turbulance and noise of the boats. #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 16, 2010 14:11 pm   the turbulance and noise of the boats.

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #880 "The Blue Gotto of Capri", question 9

No motorized boats are permitted in the Grotto due to the ......... and noise of the boats. Guides want the tourists to have a serene experience while gazing at the blue interior.

(a) poignant
(b) believable
(c) serene
(d) turbulance

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #880 "The Blue Gotto of Capri", answer 9

No motorized boats are permitted in the Grotto due to the turbulance and noise of the boats. Guides want the tourists to have a serene experience while gazing at the blue interior.

Correct answer: (d) turbulance

Since when does one write "turbulance"?
English Learner

the turbulance and noise of the boats. #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 16, 2010 14:34 pm   the turbulance and noise of the boats.

One writes 'turbulence' when one wishes to express the characteristic of 'sudden violent movements of air or water'.

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
the turbulance and noise of the boats. #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 24, 2011 18:25 pm   the turbulance and noise of the boats.

Hello Everyone,

I have found a mistake, look at below: "No motorized boats are permitted in the Grotto due to the turbulance and noise of the boats. Guides want the tourists to have a serene experience while gazing at the blue interior."

It should be "turbulence" instead of "turbulance"

Kind regards,
Mickhael
You can meet me at english-test.net

the turbulance and noise of the boats. #4 (permalink) Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:47 am   the turbulance and noise of the boats.

Hi Mickhael,

I want to congratulate you for attending TOFEL Vocabulary and scoring 10/10 in
all exercies except few. I find it difficult to attend single exercise in Tofel, I do not
understand the meaning like TOEIC vocabulary. Really I am proud of you and keep hodlding Topper 1 always.

Wish you good luck.

Thank you

S.Shanthi
Shanthisethuraman
I'm a Communicator ;-)

the turbulance and noise of the boats. #5 (permalink) Mon May 07, 2012 21:18 pm   the turbulance and noise of the boats.

Hello , Ladies and gentlemen
I want to thank every one in this beauteous website. I would like to inform you that my registration here to the forward-looking to get feedback in improving my English and identify the friends from different countries to be talk with them.
Many thanks for you
Jamart
Jamart

has been developed vs. has been developing | Turned him down?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
idiom: until the fat lady singsTest incompl/advan-522, Question 7head or heads?Meaning of 'Past Due Accounts'?I need you to pick me up at 4:30 pmMeaning of 'doing our planet some good'?Meaning of 'upon fifteen (15) days prior written notice'???about "to tell about"to mail in our store receipt???Ashes to ashes"Within seconds" vs "Without seconds"What are synonyms to 'quiet'?Why would doesn't fit here?