unimportant; small; worthless; minor
trivial
auspicious
meander
malicious

The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

Many people admire idealism, but it usually leads to disappointment or trouble | Intergrated Task
The first time I met someone who is important in my life. #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2010 17:31 pm   The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

Essay: The first time I met someone who is important in my life

With this person I met two years ago on the Internet project "My World", through my former classmate. Usually I don’t trust people a lot and try not to let them into my life, until a relationship with them will pass through certain test of time, and many important challenges of life.

She was such a bright person, that I still remember all the details of our acquaintance, and the beginning of our friendship. To this day, she paints my gray, sparring weekdays. An hour of walk with her after lessons is like a breath of fresh air, and a discharge that is equal to 2-day-rest. This talented and very self-critical, what in today's world is an important quality, but does not always work in favor of its owner, a young artist, which brings with her informal style, manners, behavior and communication, into the world a part of her inexhaustible imagination, seeing of the world and a sense of art in her style.

Difficulties in his personal life and sometimes strained relationships with her family, makes on her big influence, but nothing would make her sad for a long time. She can incredibly fast switch from problems on the positive sides of life. To measure the amount of her optimism, cheerfulness and enthusiasm is simply impossible. I even do not dare not to mention the degree of kindness. Sometimes, it seems that this person is ready to give everything she has and does not ask anything for in return. Though in translation from English her nickname Kinky - vulgar, Wonka - the name of the hero from the Dahl’s tale, which can be described as campy, somewhat infantile and rather nervous person, that looks after his appearance too much, means quite the opposite, but it is only a psychological self-defense, in the form of mask from the potential foes that is around her.

Speaking about her art, I am very fond of her style, it is very modern and enough concept for our time, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I can talk endlessly about this person and all about we went through together. I will try to help her in all her beginnings, and always show her how important for me is our friendship.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social science class (2)
Eternusabso

The first time I met someone who is important in my life. #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2010 18:01 pm   The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

And can you tell me is it right to use the phrase sparring weekdays as a days when I have lessons in university?
Eternusabso

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Re: The first time I met someone who is important in my life. #3 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2010 18:11 pm   Re: The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

Eternusabso wrote:

This person I met two years ago on the Internet project "My World", through my former classmate. Usually I don’t trust people a lot and try not to let them into my life, until a relationship with them will pass through a certain test of time, and many important challenges of life.

She was such a bright person, that I still remember all the details of our acquaintance, and the beginning of our friendship. To this day, she paints my gray, EXCLUDING weekdays. An hour of walk with her after lessons is like a breath of fresh air, and a FEELING that is equal to 2-day-rest.

//This talented and very self-critical, what in today's world is an important quality, but does not always work in favor of its owner, a young artist, WHO brings with her AN informal style, manners, behavior and communication, into the world a part of her inexhaustible imagination, seeing of the world and a sense of art in her style.//(This part s extremely confusing.)

.............................................................................................................................
I'm sorry, this work is too confusing. We even have a change of gender in the same sentence. Please try to rewrite it.

_________________

Re: The first time I met someone who is important in my life. #4 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2010 18:41 pm   Re: The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

It is because I firstly wrote it in Russian then translated into English... Unfortunatelly it doesn't sounds as effective as in russian...

Can I write it that way?

She is a very talented and very self-critical person, the second one in today's world is an important quality, but does not always work in favor of its owner. Being a young artist who brings into the world a part of her inexhaustible imagination, seeing of the world and a sense of art with her an informal style, manners, behavior and communication makes everybody around admire her.

And you haven't answered me if it is right to use the phrase sparring weekdays as a days when I have lessons in university?
Eternusabso

Re: The first time I met someone who is important in my life. #5 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2010 21:24 pm   Re: The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

Eternusabso wrote:

Can I write it that way?

She is a very talented and very self-critical person. The second one in today's world is an important quality, but does not always work in favor of its owner. Being a young artist who brings into the world a part of her inexhaustible imagination, seeing of the world and a sense of art with her an informal style, manners, behavior and communication makes everybody around admire her.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"sparring weekdays"........... There is no such phrase in English.

This is much better than the first attempt.
_________________

The first time I met someone who is important in my life. #6 (permalink) Wed Dec 22, 2010 22:47 pm   The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

Thanks! Then how should I write this phrase? I don't want to use just the word weekdays, maybe you'll open for me smt new?
Eternusabso

The first time I met someone who is important in my life. #7 (permalink) Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:51 am   The first time I met someone who is important in my life.

To this day, she paints my grey, /weary/boring/endless/colourless/ weekdays
_________________

Attending a live performance or watching the same event on TV ?Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy themTOEFL®, PBT on the 15 JAN, 2011. Secrets or what?TOEFL® PBT secrets?The advantages brought by the spread of English as a global language outweigh theI want TOEFL® sentences and structuresA/D In the busy and crowded world today, we should not expect people to be politeWhat famous person in the past would you like to meet?my toefl® score.Nowadays, food has become easier to preparesmoking should ban in restaurants.The best way to improve the quality of education is to increase teachers’ salarieThe Internet- a great innovation