swamp; marshland; wet spongy ground
impostor
exemplar
bog
entreat

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of building a factory near your communit

It’s more important for the government to spend money to build art museums and mu | Effects of Having a Part Time Job As a Student
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of building a factory near your communit #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:44 am   Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of building a factory near your communit

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of building a factory near your community.
Although a factory would bring a lot of advantages for a city it has disadvantages as well, so I prefer it is settled in the suburb area not in my neighborhood for some reasons.
First of all every single factory has different kind of pollution such as chemical material which can pollute the aquifer, air polluting material and even in some particular cases very harmful radiation which can endanger people’s health both in short term and long term or better to say next generation. However, as a pros the factory‘s product will be for certain beneficial to the city from many points of view ; no need to transit and transferring costs would make the product more available and cheaper, indeed in the case of dairy products it would be pleasant to have them always fresh.
Secondly, on the one hand some people don’t like to live in a crowded and noisy area as it is apparently inevitable for a factory to keep its surrounding space quiet and calm.On the other hand having the factory inside the city,make the transportation easier and more time-saving for the workers and stuffs while it seems the opposite for the people living around who have to tolerate a load of people each day traveling to their neighborhood. In other word the factory bring about a heavy traffic in rush hours.
Furthermore because of the reasons mentioned above the property market will be in grave peril as the factory’s effects on its neighborhood would decrease the price of surrounding properties.
In conclusion,although settling a factory inside the city have pros and cons, disadvantages weigh more than advantages because of its pollution, noise and, Consequently its irreversible health effects and economical risks.therefore it seems reasonable to take its disadvantages into consideration.

TOEFL listening discussions: What are the two students doing?
Maryamp

Re: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of building a factory near your comm #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 26, 2010 16:30 pm   Re: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of building a factory near your comm

Maryamp wrote:
First of all every single factory has different kindS of pollution, such as chemical material which can pollute the aquifier, air polluting material and even in some particular cases very harmful radiation which can endanger people’s health both in short and long term or better to say next generation. However, as TO THE pros, the factory‘s product will be OF certain benefiT to the city from many points of view ; no need to transit and transferring costs would make the product more available and cheaper, indeed in the case of dairy products it would be pleasant to have them always fresh.

Secondly, on the one hand some people don’t like to live in a crowded and noisy area as it is apparently inevitable for a factory to keep its surrounding space quiet and calm.On the other hand having the factory inside the city, make the transportation easier and more time-saving for the workers and PRODUCTS while it seems the opposite for the people living around who have to tolerate a load of people each day traveling to their neighborhood. In other word the factory bringS about heavy traffic in rush hours.
Furthermore because of the reasons mentioned above, the property market will be in grave peril as the factory’s effects on its neighborhood would decrease the price of surrounding properties.

In conclusion, although settling a factory inside the city have pros and cons, disadvantages weigh more than advantages because of its pollution, noise and, consequently its irreversible health effects and economical risks. Therefore it seems reasonable to take its disadvantages into consideration.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad Mary. Keep an eye on your punctuation though.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Integrated EssayHow do movies and TV influence peopleFootball gamehistorical buildingTeacher should teach students moral subjects or academic subjects? (Discuss)traffic accidentsgroups behavior characteristics ... integrated writingto be safe is better than sorryParents should give money to praise their child for high marks?Scientists believe junk food is damaging to our health. Some people think the solMerry Christmas Kitos and all old friends!Why do you think people attend college or university?The advantage of samll and big universities.