elasticity; cheerfulness; quality of quickly recovering from sadness or failure; buoyancy
current
stay
landscape
resilience

VA - Department of Veterans Affairs?

How to use the word 'neither' correctly? | Pronunciation of 'friend'?
VA - Department of Veterans Affairs? #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:47 am   VA - Department of Veterans Affairs?

Hi, I have come across this phrase:

I have health insurance provided by the VA...

I looked up VA on Acronymfinder and one of the defintions is Department of Veterans Affairs. As a matter of fact, this is the only definition that makes sense to me. But I'm not sure and would like for you to tell me the meaning of VA in the given sentence.
Nicole
_________________
Life is for living.
Nicole

Location: Bern, Switzerland

VA - Department of Veterans Affairs? #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 12, 2006 13:51 pm   VA - Department of Veterans Affairs?

You've got the right meaning. The VA in the US is the Department of Veterans' Affairs, sometimes just called the Veterans Administration. They provide health insurance, hospitalization, free university education and other benefits to military veterans.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'it is to be done' vs. 'it has to be done'How do I use 'neither' correctly?Any difference between laptop and notebook?Don't be crude vs. don't be rudeSeries and serious homonyms?'I appreciate what you done' is low colloquial dialect?'would' as a form of the pastTrial has not been able to come to a verdict?Die of vs. by and die fromAMADEUS definitionIsn't the sentence wrong anyways?Origin of helpdesk?UT - utility vehicle?