to shrink in fear; to flinch; to grovel; to recoil
expound
diversify
cringe
hoax

Discuss the positive and the negative effect of the globalization

please check my essay | Universities should give the same amount of money to their students.
Discuss the positive and the negative effect of the globalization #1 (permalink) Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:48 am   Discuss the positive and the negative effect of the globalization

Dear,Kitos
Thanks very much

Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss.

In this modern age, science and technology is advancing by minutes, and the Internet makes it possible to communicate immediately by replacing the traditional way of transmitting messages hand by hand. Although people on our planet are separated by countries, there is actually no border on economy due to the globalization. However, we still need to consider both positive and negative influences of globalization while it is becoming the inevitable trend.

The globalization comes up with countless advantages and impacts everyone’s life. The most important of all, there would be more opportunities for people to do business and earn money. Some advanced countries have advanced skills but lack of natural resources while others have plenty of materials but no skills, such as America and Southern Africa. By globalization, America can help Southern Africa mine its diamond and gold. Eventually, they will get win-win. Also, the globalization is a economic approach for companies to save money. It is well known that products of the Apple company are made in China since China has the cheapest labor power. What is more, globalization can make people’s lives more convenient and abundant. For instance, in China, individuals could choose not only native living goods but also some high quality products imported from overseas, such as Japanese electric device, German furniture and French clothes.

On the other hand, while we enjoy the convenient lives globalization gives, there are some negative influences that should not be overlooked. Firstly, some languages and cultures are eroding some others, especially those lesser-known ones. People commit themselves to learn a universal language for better communication and ignore some of their valuable native culture is on the very fringe of extinction. Moreover, globalization lowers the employee rate to some countries. A large number of companies move their manufactories to China to decrease their expense, which leads to mass dismissal in their own country.

To sum up, globalization certainly has positive effects to our world. But efforts from government should take to ease the negative influences before they become the uncorrectable issues.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention the large jars?
Gg

Discuss the positive and the negative effect of the globalization #2 (permalink) Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:30 am   Discuss the positive and the negative effect of the globalization

I am really hoping to see an improvement in the work of you all this New Year. You still have a limit of two essays a day, but if you feel you need to write only one per day to show an improvement, so much the better. The vast majority have it within them to write really good essays about their topics. Take your time. Think what you want to say. Think about how you intend to say it, then review it in your mind once more before beginning to write.
Scores will be more stringently applied this year. Poor work will be scored as low as six.
If you get nine, which is going to be really difficult, make sure you write even better in your next essay. Your goal is TEN, always strive for it. It is achievable, and all of you have the ability to achieve it.
Remember what I have said repeatedly ... reading is your way forward.

If anyone submits a second essay without awaiting the edit of the first, then both essays will be ignored. All corrections will be done so that you can easily find them by reviewing the edit. You don't have to rewrite your work, just make sure that you don't repeat the same mistake again.
If you still have not mastered punctuation, then spend an hour or so in doing so. It isn't brain surgery ... just do it!
Topic titles should be checked for correctness. Posts without topic titles will also be ignored.
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Re: Discuss the positive and the negative effect of the globalization #3 (permalink) Sun Jan 02, 2011 13:38 pm   Re: Discuss the positive and the negative effect of the globalization

Gg wrote:
Dear,Kitos
Thanks very much

In this modern age, science and technology is advancing by THE minute, and the Internet makes it possible to communicate immediately by replacing the traditional MEANS of transmitting messages hand by hand. Although people on our planet are separated by countries, TODAY there is actually no borderS on economy due to the globalization. However, we still need to consider both positive and negative influences of globalization while it is becoming the inevitable trend.

The Globalization comes up BRINGS with IT countless advantages and THESE impact ON everyone’s LIVES. The most important of all, there would be ARE NOW more opportunities for people to do business and earn money. Some advanced countries have advanced skills but lack IN natural resources, while others have plenty of materials but no skills, such as America and Southern Africa. WITH globalization, America can help Southern Africa mine its diamondS and gold. Eventually, they will get win-win. Also, the globalization is aN economic approach for companies to save money. It is well known that products of the Apple company are made in China since China has the cheapest AND MOST ABUNDANT labor FORCE . What is more, globalization can make people’s lives more convenient and abundant. For instance, in China, individuals CAN choose not only native living goods, but also some high quality products imported from overseas, such as Japanese electric deviceS, German furniture and French clothes.

On the other hand, while we enjoy the convenienCE THAT livING globalization gives, there are some negative influences that should not be overlooked. Firstly, some languages and cultures are eroding some others, especially those lesser-known ones. People commit themselves to learn a universal language for better communication and ignore some of their OWN valuable native culture WHICH is on the very fringe of extinction. Moreover, globalization lowers the employee rate IN some countries. A large number of companies move their manufactURING RESORCES to China to decrease their expenseS, which HAS LED to mass dismissalS in their own country.

To sum up, globalization certainly has positive effects to our world, but efforts from government should BE takeN to ease the negative influences before they become the uncorrectable issues.
.............................................................................................................................Good work Gg. Well set out.

_________________

which is more important:the strongest individuals or the attitude of whole teamWhy happiness is difficult to define; factors in achieving happiessThere is nothing that uneducated person can teach an educated person.Need help.International events.There is nothing that uneducated person can teach an educated person.Please rate my essayI am a newcomer.Please check my essay.Thank youAre we still slaves?Living in a big city or a small citychildren of different abilities should be educated together?My thanks and best wishes to you"Travelling with companions or alone" please rate my essay