indirect remark; insinuation; suggestion; intimation; hint
ennui
innuendo
festoon
integrity

Advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community.

Why do we attend school? | It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group.
Advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community. #1 (permalink) Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:58 pm   Advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community.

It's my first post here, thank you for your comments.

The government has announced that it plans to build a new university. Some people think that your community would be a good place to locate the university. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community. Use specific details in your discussion.

I think build a new university in my community is a great idea. Make such a big project is affect and alter the community. In this essay i will analyze this issue and present my opinion.

Firstly, the advantages of build a new university are that the community is developing and growing. The new university makes new workplaces and jobs, what is reducing the number of unemployment people. The new university is also meaning that lot of students come to live and spend their leisure time in the community, which generates income to the locals and the local businesses. The effect of the ascendant income is reflecting in the local economy increase and the better residential welfare.

From the other side, building a new university is also can bring disadvantages to the community. A new construction makes noise, pollution and traffic jams. A university is a big place with thousands of students, and hundred of staff. The neighborhood’s population and the visitor number will be increasing. For example the small quiet community may become a teeming place. The students of the university cause noise either at evening and afternoon.

To sum up, I agree with the government decision to build a new university in my community, even though the disadvantages. A university is always useful for the society and assists the young people to succeed in life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cut this from the 1st paragraph because I dont know how to write it good:
/....great idea. However, there are not just advantages but also disadvantages./
I hope you understand what I mean.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a campus patrolman
Katehell

Re: Advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your communi #2 (permalink) Fri Jan 07, 2011 17:06 pm   Re: Advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your communi

I think buildING a new university in my community is a great idea. Make Such a big project is WILL affect and alter the community. In this essay i will analyze this issue and present my opinion.

Firstly, the advantages of buildING a new university are that the community is developing and growing. The new university makes WILL CREATE new workplaces and jobs, what is WHICH WILL reducE the number of unemployED people. The new university is WILL also mean that lotS of students WILL come to live and spend their leisure time in the community, which generates income to the locals and the local businesses. The effect of the ascendant income WILL BE reflectED in the local economy increase and the better residential welfare.

From the other side, building a new university is also can bring disadvantages to the community. A new construction makes noise, pollution and traffic jams. A university is a big place with thousands of students, and hundredS of staff. The neighborhood’s population and the visitor numberS will increasE. For example the small quiet community may become a teeming place. The students of the university cause noise either IN THE evening OR afternoon.

To sum up, I agree with the government decision to build a new university in my community, even though IN SPITE OF the disadvantages. A university is always useful for the society and assists the young people to succeed in life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A very nice essay Kate. A few misconceptions, but nice.

Kitos. 7.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community. #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 07, 2011 20:10 pm   Advantages and disadvantages of establishing a new university in your community.

Thank you very much!
Katehell

Pets should be treated like family members. Agree or disagree?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Children's doing job.Some people think the government should spend more money on the improvement of itsports and social activities are just as important as classes and librariesEnglish must be used to teach a number of subjects in all gifted high schoolsTechnology has facilitated our lives so much and given us a lot of freedom. SomeYou have decided to give several hours each month to improve the community......To support the arts or to protect the environment?Human cloning is appropriate for human beings or not.Discuss reasons for car accidents and provide solutions to reduce car accidentsImproving schools is the most important factor in development of countryInternet shopping has increased recently. How does it make an impact on the envir