to mock; to gibe; to scorn; to jeer
allude
fluctuate
err
jibe

Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to

Doing sport would teach us to gain some important experience in our lives. | the causes of deforestration
Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 19:06 pm   Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to

Topic: Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to movies and programs made in other countries, agree or disagree?

Nowadays, there are many different movies and programs on television both from my own country and from other countries. Although each of them has particularly attractive characteristics, in my opinion, movies and TV shows from foreign countries are more interesting than the other. They give the viewer a perspective of the culture of those countries which is very different from their own culture. Moreover, they help people to get more knowledge from foreign programs.
First of all, foreign movies and programs provide a new point of view about problems relating to culture, behavior, so on… The cultures of other countries have many interesting and good features that can be applied effectively for the life of viewer. They can be the way to deal with some sensitive problem in family, company from a movie or how to make a delicious meal in the Italian way for American audiences from a cooking program. Moreover, these cultures sometimes can lead to replace a drawback costume in the culture of viewer by a new better costume. After a long time, these can make an ample and more progressive culture.
Second, movies and TV shows from other countries can help people improving their knowledge much, especially for student. These programs are useful for studying foreign language, approaching novel and modern technologies, etc… For example, movies like Friends of Warner Bros Corporation help me much to practice listening and understanding American English, especially slangs or idioms. Also, the Discovery Channel is one of the most famous channels in the world to popular knowledge in science, technology, history, nature and other areas. In addition, tourism programs help people to discover other countries and get many interesting things about the countries especially some taboos of those that are very useful when people travel around those regions.
In conclusion, foreign movies and TV programs are very interesting. They provide many different perspectives to handle a deal in life that can be applied and improve the old culture. They help people to get knowledge more effectively, too. Therefore, these programs are usually nicer than the others.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention the large jars?
Herculeshut

Re: Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparin #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 21:27 pm   Re: Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparin

Herculeshut wrote:

First of all, foreign movies and programs provide a new point of view about problems relating to culture, behavior, so on… The cultures of other countries have many interesting and good features that can be applied effectively INTO the life of viewer. They can be the way to deal with some sensitive problemS in ONES family, company from a movie or how to make a delicious meal in the Italian way for American audiences from a cooking program. Moreover, these cultures CAN sometimes can lead to replace a drawback costume in the culture of viewer by a new better costume. After a long time, these can make an ample and more progressive culture.

Second, movies and TV shows from other countries can help people improving their knowledge A LOT, especially for studentS. These programs are useful for studying foreign language, approaching novel and modern technologies, etc… For example, movies like Friends of Warner Bros Corporation help me much to practice listening and understanding American English, especially slangs or idioms. Also, the Discovery Channel is one of the most famous channels in the world to popularISE knowledge in science, technology, history, nature and other areas. In addition, tourism programs help people to discover other countries and get TO KNOW many interesting things about the countries especially some taboos of those that are very useful when people travel around those regions.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not too bad Herculeshut.

KItos. 7/10

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 am   Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing to

:(( 7/10, how can I improve my writing, Mr. Kitos? Could you give me some advices?
Herculeshut

What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?How a person look or dress is more important to one’s success than aWhat person in history you would like to meetMany people visit museums when they go to new places.Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time jobTraveling to a different country can be both exciting and frustratingPeople should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doingTHE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLSAdvertising: good-badHow can I prepare for the TOEFL® test?Scientists should be responsible for the negative impacts of their discoveries.Integrated task : The AltruismPrinted book disappear in 20 years??