to punish through public criticism; to scold; to reprimand
promulgate
incarcerate
abdicate
castigate

Advertising: good-bad

Scientists should be responsible for the negative impacts of their discoveries. | How do movies or television influence people’s behavior? Use reasons and specifi
Advertising: good-bad #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 21:02 pm   Advertising: good-bad

Throughout the world, there are many things which take place at amazing rate in peoples' lives as well as taken into consideration, one of which is advertisement. Advertisements all around us and they are viewed with interest, as they mostly present colorful,attractive and fun aspects of imaginary life. Even though advertising try to manipulate the public, it is an influential sector for people.

To commence with, advertising brings about competition among manufactures who strive to be chief and diamond of their sector. No matter what their products involve, how they are produce them, people can easily be lured by more attractive goods. People if not all, prefer to buy more attractive goods. Therefore, manufacturers compete with each other so as to realize their economic purposes. What is more, increase in quality of products and decrease in prices can attribute to rivalry between manufacturers. This make it easiy to have information about products in more detail and receive high quality services.

Another subtle point regarding this issue is that advertising also contribute to economic growth in public economy via stimulating supply-demand process. Should some products and commodities which are really high class, they intoduce to the society with unique features. There is no doubt that people show tremendous interest in such products. Thanks to this, manufactures can even export them. In brief, advertising make a significant contribution to public economy.

Opponents of the idea mentioned above put forward the fact that advertisements only attempt to convince us to purchase goods and do not give sufficient information about their components. However, the main aim of advertisements is gravitating interests of consumers. That is to say, they try to persuade people to buy products.

All in all, although this issue is open to debate, to my mind, advertising is beneficial for people. By creating rivalry, advertisements provide with high quality products and commodities. They also contribute to public economy.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in the Social Sciences Department
Retnokisnon

Re: Advertising: good-bad #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 21:49 pm   Re: Advertising: good-bad

Retnokisnon wrote:
Throughout the world, there are many things which take place at amazing rate in peoples' lives, as well as taken into consideration, one of which is advertisement. Advertisements all around us and they are viewed with interest, as they mostly present colorful,attractive and fun aspects of imaginary life. Even though advertising try to manipulate the public, it is an influential sector for people.

To commence with, advertising brings about competition among manufactures who strive to be chief and diamond of their sector. No matter what their products involve, how they are produce them, people can easily be lured by more attractive goods. People if not all, prefer to buy more attractive goods. Therefore, manufacturers compete with each other so as to realize their economic purposes. What is more, increase in quality of products and decrease in prices can attribute to rivalry between manufactures. This make it easiy to have information about products in more detail and receive high quality services.

Opponents of the idea mentioned above put forward the fact that advertisements anly attempt to convince us to purchase goods and do not give sufficient information about their components. However, the main aim of advertisements is gravitating interests of consumers. That is to say, they try to persuade people to buy products.

.............................................................................................................................
Some good parts, but mostly poorly written Retnokisnon. You can do far better than this.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Many people visit museums when they go to new places.Whether parents should support their children to have a part-time jobTraveling to a different country can be both exciting and frustratingTHE EFFECTS OF OIL SPILLSthe causes of deforestrationHow can I prepare for the TOEFL® test?Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting comparing toIntegrated task : The AltruismDoing sport would teach us to gain some important experience in our lives.Printed book disappear in 20 years??Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past?The college years are the best time in a persons life.a government should focus its budgets more on young children’s