sharp or harsh in language or temper; rancorous; bitter; caustic
perverse
contemptuous
itinerant
acrimonious

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher

The best way to improve the quality of education is to increase teachers' salarie | Big party or small party, which one do you want to hold?
Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:09 am   Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay
----------------
correct my essay please. Thanks in advance :)

Nowadays, many students prefer to study without asking for teachers help. While many student are really smart and can totally depends on their selves, half of them sometimes deceived their selves by believing that they are smarter than average. They refused to ask for their teachers helps. Sadly, when exams knocked at the doors they started to feel nervous and regretted their arrogant behavior. Hence, I strongly oppose to the idea of studying without teachers help.

One of the reason that make me believe that it is very important to ask for teachers help is that they have an excellent experience. They used both life and work experience to find their students hidden talents and encouraged them to make an improvement.

Besides, good teachers recognized their students mistakes and offer extra classes in order to emphasized them. For example, in high school my friend and I found difficulties in learning mathematics. When our teacher recognized this problem he offered a free extra class in Tuesday morning in order to help us. In fact, my
mathematics skills had improved a lot and I owed that to him.

Actually, teachers are good in variety of things but definitely stepping up and being creative. This is another reason that make me believes in teachers help. They always implement a way to have student develop their selves and do things that allow them to feel more connected to the subjects that they are studying.

To sum up, teachers are the greatest because they are offering their help without asking for something in return. Hence, we should honor them and benefit from their experience as much as we can.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is Carlos Finlay significant?
Sweetcandle

Re: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teache #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 am   Re: Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teache

Sweetcandle wrote:
----------------

Nowadays, many students prefer to study without asking for A teachers help. While many studentS are really smart and can totally depend on theMselves, half of them sometimes deceive theMselves by believing that they are smarter than average. They refuse to ask for their teachers help. Sadly, when exams COME knockING at the door they start to feel nervous and regret their arrogant behavioUr. Hence, I AM strongly opposeD to the idea of studying without A teachers help.

Besides, good teachers recognized their students mistakes and offer extra classes in order to emphasized OVERCOME them. For example, in high school my friend and I found difficulties in learning mathematics. When our teacher recognized this problem he offered a free extra class EVERY Tuesday morning in order to help us. In fact, my
mathematicAL skills haVE improved a lot and I owe that to him.

Actually, teachers are good in A variety of things, but definitely stepping up and being creative. This is another reason that makeS me believe in ASKING FOR MY teachers help. They always implement a way to have studentS develop theMselves and do things that allow them to feel more connected to the subjects that they are studying.

To sum up, teachers are the greatest because they are offering their help without asking for something in return. Hence, we should honoUr them and benefit from their experience as much as we can.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Such a good essay SC. I have made many alterations to your text so I would suggest that you review it carefully.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher #3 (permalink) Tue Jan 11, 2011 14:20 pm   Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher

Thanks you very much Kitos

I would like to ask few questions:

1- Why did you added A after teachers in paragraph even though teachers is a plural?

2- Why it's important to add S in some words like makes in (This is another reason that makeS me...) because I notice that i forget to added S in many words in my essays. Hence, i think knowing what the benefit of adding S well make me overcome this problem.
Sweetcandle

Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher #4 (permalink) Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am   Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher

A teachers.
My teachers.
Both are referring to a solitary teacher. (Not plural.)

Why is it important to add S in some words like makes? Basic conjugation of the verb "Make" SC.

I make.
You make.
He/ she/ it makes.
_________________

Advertisements contain more manipulationthan information.Do you agree or disagreit is more important to have the rules about the types of clothing that people arWhat are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?A job with more vacation time but a low salary is betterIntegrated EssayShould people visit museums when they travel to new places? and why?The extended family becomes less importwhether or not a person's character based on first impression is trustfulSome people argue that changes in agriculture such as factory farming and creatioTHE EFFECTS OF STRESSWhat are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?Many people believe that it is very important to make large amounts of moneyThe government of richer nations should help.